Completion of LEJOG in John O'Groats

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Joyce

Dear all,

This is a long shot I realise but my husband and friend are completing their LEJOG trip on Sunday in John O'Groats. They then need to make it to Wick Airport in order to get their flight back to Heathrow. I was just wondering if anyone could provide any experience of doing this and the easiest way this could happen without them having to carry on cycling after reaching John O'Groats. I would be really grateful of any help people could give to me.

Thanks again

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
I may be out of date on this, but I think the easiest way is to cycle back. The Hotel desk will call a taxi if you want them to, but I think it comes from Thurso.

I've cycled to Thurso railway station and to Wick station, and, to be honest, it's such a relief to get to John O'Groats that the seventeen miles or so (it's less to the airport) didn't feel at all out of the way.

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
It's a pleasant cycle run down the coast from JoG to Wick.
absolutely. It's the most wonderful seventeen miles one can imagine. A time to ponder the glories of Scotland, and one's achievement. If ever there was a stretch of road that one would willingly tack on to the end of a long ride, this is it

robgul

Legendary Member
There's some info at www.cycle-endtoend.org.uk - but as suggested above the ride to Wick is pretty easy (in fact it's probably only about 15 miles as the airport is on the N side of the town)

The chap at the Seaview Hotel is probably the best person to ask about local transport/bikes etc.

Rob
Cycle : End-to-End webmaster

OP
OP
J

Joyce

Thank you all so much for your kind help we are very grateful and hopefully they shall make their flight as a result of your useful information! Thank you again

Rebel Ian

Wick to JoG (or back) is flat, smooth and easy! It really wouldn't be a hardship to cycle back providing they have time and can enjoy the scenery.

Top Bottom