Components for a kids MTB

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
What size, what type? if it's below 26" you probably won't find anything other than cheap rubbish, unfortunately. On One quite often have good bargains on Rockshox air forks. Got my sons from there, likewise CRC have good sales and then of course ebay.

Last edited:
OP
OP
jarlrmai

jarlrmai

Veteran
20" wheels unfortunately Looking at it again I think the forks are okay, just need some TLC.

OP
OP
jarlrmai

jarlrmai

Veteran
Yeah I'd get rid but the fork seems quite good, this bike was dug out of a skip, it's 20" Specialized Hotrock

Aluminum frame, no real rust anywhere that matters, rear derailleur in good nick needs a clean.

Defo needs saddle, chain, new pedals, bar, bar grips, cables, tyres.
Might need 6 speed cassette, but they probably just need a good clean, BB seems sound

Yeah I'd get rid but the fork seems quite good, this bike was dug out of a skip, it's 20" Specialized Hotrock

Aluminum frame, no real rust anywhere that matters, rear derailleur in good nick needs a clean.

Defo needs saddle, chain, new pedals, bar, bar grips, cables, tyres.
Might need 6 speed cassette, but they probably just need a good clean, BB seems sound
Price it up. I think I rejected fixing up a similar bike once I'd priced it. Ebay will be your friend for the forks then. You might be able to service them but they'll be basic spring forks and not a lot you can do with them. RST forks are sometimes OK on kids bikes of that size.

Top Bottom