Compulsory lid legislation?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

FishFright

More wheels than sense
I can see it happening at some point with much anguish and gnashing of teeth.
When Motorcycle helmets, seat belts, ABS, airbags were made mandatory the amount of rage quitting was about the same as when celebs leave the country if party A wins the election.

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
Different newspapers are disagreeing over the likelihood of it happening. I don't think it's terribly likely, but that authoritative news source, Planet Rock Radio, are making it sound a fait acompli. We must remain vigilent.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
He says that it will be considered on the evidence so, provided that actually happens, it won't happen.

Hopefully that will be the case. The trouble is there's a history of policy-based evidence being used in a lot of places. One good thing is that the Tories do tend to be somewhat more libertarian and anti-regulation and "elf-n-saftety gorn maad" type stuff. Left-wingers tend to be more nanyish anout this sirt of thing. Neither side are better on making decisions based on evidence or reason rather than conviction. For the avoidance of doubt I'm left leaning politically but on this issue I fear my own side more than the Tories. That said, they could still support it as part of a Daily Mail anti cyclist agenda

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
This is Jesse Norman... not exactly known for letting facts and evidence get in his way.

That's exactly the sort of thing that concerns me.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
It looks unlikely to happen, but nevertheless that is not an impossible outcome...

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...transport-minister-jesse-norman-a8073166.html

I am not interested in where people stand on the helmet debate. I am interested in free choice, and if this should ever happen I will simply quit cycling.
Time to get a trike then, even motor bike engined ones are exempt. :angel:

http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rc...n/trike-law/&usg=AOvVaw2Mz60PJabO2mJNtEGkJ_ke

Top Bottom