Computer games.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
Every body knows we are all kids at heart so own up, what computer games do you play in your spare times. Personally, I am not keen on them as I find them boring and repetitive after a while so I only play: chess, solitaire and a version of Packman with 50 levels. What do you play?

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
If you find games so boring, why do you want to talk about them? :whistle:

I like puzzle games. I play Sudoku, Spider Solitaire, 2048, Minesweeper ... most days. I also play Backgammon against a rather poor computerised player (I win 3/4 of the games on the hardest level).

I am writing my own puzzle games too and will no doubt bore you all with them at some point! :laugh:

stephec

Legendary Member
Sudoku
Candy Crush
Solitaire

Just a few basic ones, the idea of an xbox/ps4 has never once tempted me.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Ps3. I havn't played it for ages though. I do like drakes fortune and tomb raider and i played the original last of us. I have just bought some wooden puzzles. I quite like them.

When i was single it was Assassins Creed on the PS3. If I get the urge these days it's Rome Total War. Although I've just found an online air traffic control simulator that's a bit addictive.

If the laptop had the horsepower I'd get Elite Dangerous.

Coincidentally I'm just selling off all my cassette games for the Acorn computers to retrogames.co.uk.

Lonestar

Veteran
I still play Championship Manager 97/98 (although I played earlier more buggy versions at the time)and Quake.The first games I bought when I first got a PC.

Oldfentiger

Veteran
I was heavily into online racing - PS3 + Gran Turismo.
I had a dedicated large monitor, force feedback steering wheel and a racing seat.
Worked my way up the rankings, best result was 88th in UK GT Academy (~10,000 entrants). I needed to be top 20 to progress, but still got the invite to the finals at Brands Hatch, courtesy of online buddies who had qualified. All the finalists got a ride in the GT Academy Nissan 370Z GT4 car.
Age started to tell, and I was getting slower so I packed it in, together with spending more of my spare time on the bikes.
Just dabble with WAR WINGS on the iPad these days.

Today I feel like kicking arse and chewing gum... and I’m right out of gum.

Duke Nukem 3D is I think, the only computer game I’ve played all the way through.

I really liked playing Flatout on the XBox when my son was younger. Unfortunately he’s too good for me now.

Also, some miserable sod on this Forum (can’t remember who it was) posted a link to an online jigsaw puzzle site on the Mundane News thread and I’m finding myself becoming addicted to doing jigsaws on my iPad.

Yeah I know. Sad, isn’t it?

:cry:

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
These days it's just Angry Birds Friends, and Prime Peaks on my phone. I used to play GT4 and GT5 on the PS3, I collected every car in the game and really enjoyed it. I was also into Trials Fusion (trial bike game) but that annoyed me after a while because you had to buy extras to the game in order to get new levels. And the hard levels I found impossible to complete even 10%.

Top Bottom