Computer games.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Hugh Manatee

Veteran
I seem to have grown out of them recently. Whereas I used to spend a happy hour or two making things go Splat, these days I'll be filing or polishing a knife or working and stitching leather. Fly tying as well takes a bit of time.

When I do play, it will be:
Classic Doom II on the iFad or, on the Xbox One:
The Gears of War series.
Doom 2016
Halo series
Believe it or not, I quite enjoyed Dead Island.
Various other first person shooters.

Oh dear, there is a certain theme there isn't there?

Stephenite

Membå
Don't have time to play. I dabble with the games junior has on the Switch - Super Mario Odyssey, Splatoon 2 and FIFA. Looking forward to him getting a PlayStation so I can 'dabble' further :tongue:

Andy_R

Hard of hearing..I said Herd of Herring..oh FFS..
ESO

I've tried in the past but I get terrible motion sickness when playing computer games, so I gave up. Mario Kart and Wii games were great family entertainment but Call of Duty etc... just made me ill. Weird.

flake99please

We all scream for ice cream
Your probably already aware, but be wary about Roblox - lots of stories of wrong'uns chatting to kids etc.

Settings are enabled to prevent ‘chats’. Likewise the only ‘friends’ are known family (myself, wife, nephews/nieces) and a couple of school friends. 99% of the time my wife or I are online with him.

I don't play every day, but given the hours I spend on them each week, computer games / console games are definitely a hobby. Have been a fan since the good old C64 days.

I still have the occasional game of Doom or Final Doom on PS1. Spent way too much time on PS1 and 2 in the past. Die Hard Trilogy, Destruction Derby 2... same again. I foolishly got rid of Road Rash on the PS1 when I inherited the console from my son and have an ambition to reaquire it if ever I see it on a retro stall or other place. There's something really atmospheric about the music, graphics and gameplay of Doom that is just timeless. Never fails to make me smile.

In the last couple of years, I've bought both a PS3 and PS4. On the PS3 I got sucked into Red Dead Redemption - sometimes spending hours just riding around doing cowboy stuff in between storyline tasks. Fabulous game. Presently I'm working through GTA4 on PS3, having completed GTA5 on PS4 last year. I'm kind of in between games on the PS4 now having started The Last Of Us Remastered, Sniper Elite 4 and with Uncharted: TheNathan Drake Collection waiting its turn. I really enjoy open world games where you can go off and explore the environment and characters rather than feeling driven by a storyline.

Until recently, I've been playing a lot of Battlefield 1 on PS4, with a few detours into Battlefield Hardline and Battlefield 4. Battlefield 1 frustrates me at times though. I play it mostly online on the longer Operations mode. I sometimes come away after an hour or two having hugely enjoyed it, while other times I just seem to get bored or annoyed (I agree with those who complain about the fog - those who've played it will understand) and wish I'd played something else instead. Minor gripe though - overall, a great game.

Andrew_P

In between here and there
I've tried in the past but I get terrible motion sickness when playing computer games, so I gave up. Mario Kart and Wii games were great family entertainment but Call of Duty etc... just made me ill. Weird.
Me too any first person, I first learnt playing on a friend's copy of quake threw up within 20 minutes, recently started tetris on the phone they modified the graphics and it seemed to bring on Vertigo which was really weird.

I don't get car, train, plane nor sea sick which makes it even weirder. It must be in the genes because all my kids get car and sea sick.

Top Bottom