Computer games.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

snorri

Legendary Member
I might get round to puzzle games when I have resolved the Google Photos mystery:sad:.

Johnno260

Veteran
I play Arena of Valour on mobile, I found my old PS2 in the shed and have been playing some old retro games when I have the time, Ace Combat, FF7, GT, Resident Evil

Now 50, I was explaining to my daughter the other day that I used to write the listings in some computer magazines, that we'd all key in line-by-line, back when C&VG Magazine was a thing. Started on a ZX80, then Acorn Atom (didn't have the patience to wait for a Spectrum) then Dragon 32, TRS80... although I felt like a first generation computer kid, there must have been a generation before, because pong and Binatone tv games already existed at that point. I'll confess I had a World of Warcraft habit for a long time, and that's serious time-sink. I think my total /played time was in excess of 730 days. Nowadays the only 'computer game' I play is Zwift. Life's too short :smile:

Stephenite

Membå
Now 50, I was explaining to my daughter the other day that I used to write the listings in some computer magazines, that we'd all key in line-by-line, back when C&VG Magazine was a thing. Started on a ZX80, then Acorn Atom (didn't have the patience to wait for a Spectrum) then Dragon 32, TRS80... although I felt like a first generation computer kid, there must have been a generation before, because pong and Binatone tv games already existed at that point. I'll confess I had a World of Warcraft habit for a long time, and that's serious time-sink. I think my total /played time was in excess of 730 days. Nowadays the only 'computer game' I play is Zwift. Life's too short :smile:
50 too. So maybe 1st gen user/abuser?

'Life's too short' you say. That's the problem isn't it? You'd need another life running simultaneously with this one if you were to play computer games.

Edit: Apart from Zwift, of course. The teenage me used to dream of something like Zwift.

Last edited:
Another time sink game was REZ on PS2.. around 2003? that was proper addictive but last console game i played before sinking thousands into pc gaming over last 15 yrs.

AndyRM

XOXO
Another time sink game was REZ on PS2.. around 2003? that was proper addictive but last console game i played before sinking thousands into pc gaming over last 15 yrs.

Rez was/is an absolutely brilliant game. Another that's up there as one of my favourites. In fact, here's my top 10, in no particular order:

Quake
Age of Empires
Rez
Myst
Jet Set Radio
Goldeneye
Tetris
Katamari Damacy
GTA: San Andreas
Virtua Striker

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
Anyone remember this?

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVqCpjpDabM

It was cutting edge when it came out, though it looks laughable now with players running in all directions nowhere near the ball.

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
Anyone remember this?
[International Soccer]
It was cutting edge when it came out, though it looks laughable now with players running in all directions nowhere near the ball.

Hell yeah! It was best as a two-player game - once you worked out how to score against the computer opponent, you could win 16-0 every time (it wasn't possible to score more than that in the time available).

Top Bottom