Conactless credit cards....forward or backward step?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Mr R's is being delivered somewhere between the 13th and the 20th...
Think mine is coming a week later but my experience with Apple is it'll come when they want to! I did receive my charging mat today though which seems a waste of postage to me.

400bhp

Guru
Fair play, but thats not demand in my book. No consumer was banging on the door of their bank demanding contactless payments because they can't live with cash and chip&pin anymore.

On the other hand; Retail industry wants to save effort handling cash, and encourage people to spend. Retail banks don't want to handle cash either, they want to close branches and ATMs to focus on their core business - debt interest. Corporate banking wants their retail clients to have higher revenue.

Agree. The method of payments is akin to oil on your chain from an economic point of view. Cash is the version of no oil.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Think mine is coming a week later but my experience with Apple is it'll come when they want to! I did receive my charging mat today though which seems a waste of postage to me.
Ye gods! Apple now charge your contactless card every time you step over your doormat? That phone X seems more expensive than phone seX. ;)

albion

Guru
My recent phone came with an absurdly high powered 24 watts fast charger and lead, included free.
The Apple X fast charger and lead costs as much as my phone!

Sexy company or what!

Now I have to try and think what daemon would fit DoubleM - Gopher?
A northerner.

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Somehow this thread reawoke some memory I have about an advert of some blokes on a bus talking about the pros and cons of cash or (I think) cheques, or cards...actually I can't remember

What I do remember was the "cash" guy saying "you know where you are with cash"....only to get off the bus and find his wallet had been nicked

I've searched youtube but to no avail. I was bored.

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
Somehow this thread reawoke some memory I have about an advert of some blokes on a bus talking about the pros and cons of cash or (I think) cheques, or cards...actually I can't remember

What I do remember was the "cash" guy saying "you know where you are with cash"....only to get off the bus and find his wallet had been nicked

I've searched youtube but to no avail. I was bored.

Don't worry about it your description was so good I don't think I'd need to watch the video anyway:whistle:

Top Bottom