Concussion

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

clid61

Veteran
Had a few in my time off bikes, however the worst was on Wednesday evening in the shower/wet room.slipped cracked my head on walls , crawled out and lay down couldn't walk , all day Thursday had to slide down stairs on arse and couldn't do anything without stumbling and being constantly dizzy . Long sleep last night bit dodgy this morning but fine now ish was a proper squeaky bum time any one else had this ? Thing is it was worse than any bike off I've had !!!

r04DiE

300km a week through London on a road bike.
I'd get down to A&E and get checked out.

OP
OP
clid61

clid61

Veteran
I'm OK but thanks anyway , I'm still in Marrakech if I don't feel right sunday morning when I land in blighty I'll go

classic33

Leg End Member
Echo the above. If you've problems staying upright, there may be a bigger problem that you can't see.

Don't want to go, on our word, call 111 and see what they advise. I've hit my head too many times over the years.

Get it seen to. Bet it was the back of the head as well.

classic33

Leg End Member
I'm OK but thanks anyway , I'm still in Marrakech if I don't feel right sunday morning when I land in blighty I'll go
You might find you need medical clearance to fly.

You're at ground level now, the effects may really get bad higher up.

r04DiE

You're feeling okay, but head injuries can be odd things that way. Really, I admire you - but anybody in the know would absolutely tell you to get checked out. And they are in the know.

PK99

Legendary Member
If you attempt to fly with a known head injury and have problems your insurance will be invalid and you will not be covered for any resulting get costs.

classic33

Leg End Member
Go to the NHS site and ask the question there. 111 not being an option.

Do Not use dr. google.

OP
OP
clid61

clid61

Veteran
You're feeling okay, but head injuries can be odd things that way. Really, I admire you - but anybody in the know would absolutely tell you to get checked out. And they are in the know.
I'm going as soon as I get home I honestly shoot myself as said worse than any bike or motorbike off ffs !

r04DiE

I'm going as soon as I get home I honestly shoot myself as said worse than any bike or motorbike off ffs !
That's good to hear but, in view of this:
If you attempt to fly with a known head injury and have problems your insurance will be invalid and you will not be covered for any resulting get costs.
Is there any chance you could visit the hospital in Marrakech?

classic33

Leg End Member
That's part of your problem. Right now you're not that high above sea level. Flying back, you'll be at over 10,000 feet.
You say your not feeling right now.

OP
OP
clid61

clid61

Veteran
That's part of your problem. Right now you're not that high above sea level. Flying back, you'll be at over 10,000 feet.
You say your not feeling right now.
Thanks for your concern classic but I do feel OK now and will get seen to in blighty , I see where you're coming from re altitude , had many fellow BMXers smashed to bits flown home , I appreciate the concern I'll post when I get home

Top Bottom