Concussion

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Had a few in my time off bikes, however the worst was on Wednesday evening in the shower/wet room.slipped cracked my head on walls , crawled out and lay down couldn't walk , all day Thursday had to slide down stairs on arse and couldn't do anything without stumbling and being constantly dizzy . Long sleep last night bit dodgy this morning but fine now ish was a proper squeaky bum time any one else had this ? Thing is it was worse than any bike off I've had !!!
I smacked my head on a kitchen cabinet a few months back and THIS happened the next day. I'm fairly sure that it was due to concussion. It took me about a week to get back to normal.

I have a large walk-in shower and slipped over in it the first time I used it. I went straight down to the shops and bought a couple of shower mats after that!

alicat

Legendary Member
They do have hospitals in Morocco. Please go there. Whatever you do, don't fly until you are better. It's not fair on you, the airline or the other passengers.

D

Deleted member 26715

Checks date, nope it's not April 1st, could still be a wind up, let us all have your flight number to see if it gets diverted for an emergency medical reason later.

classic33

Leg End Member
Checks date, nope it's not April 1st, could still be a wind up, let us all have your flight number to see if it gets diverted for an emergency medical reason later.
Easy enough get.

13 flights left between the two countries, five cargo only. This weekend

Last edited:
on Wednesday evening in the shower/wet room.slipped cracked my head on walls , crawled out and lay down couldn't walk , all day Thursday had to slide down stairs on arse and couldn't do anything without stumbling and being constantly dizzy . Long sleep last night
oh my god, this sounds like a witness statement at an inquest. Just add "but could not be woken in the morning so an ambulance was called"

Please see a doctor!

any one else had this ?

Natasha Richardson felt fine immediately after the blow to the head that killed her 2 days later. And Charlotte Gainsbourg felt fine for 6 months after a head injury, needed emergency trepanation to relieve pressure on her brain.

classic33

Leg End Member
[QUOTE 4591980, member: 9609"]i got hit on the head with a brick once but it didn't seem to make much differance[/QUOTE]
Hit my head once! went to the doctors with a slight headache a week later. The same day I ended up in hospital with 13 clear cracks to the skull. And a telling off from the nurses for not coming in sooner.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
[QUOTE 4591980, member: 9609"]i got hit on the head with a brick once but it didn't seem to make much differance[/QUOTE]

Nah, we can tell !! :rolleyes:

Not being funny, but if the knock to your head caused inability to walk as you say it did, then you need checking out. I've had concussion as a lad, and I didn't suffer anything like that, just threw up. Got kept in overnight. It's serious, even if just to check you'd be OK to fly. Change in air pressure could lead to a bleed on the brain, or indeed you might have one now.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
[QUOTE 4592247, member: 9609"]It was the OP @clid61 who said the bang on the head was creating difficulty walking etc, if I had symptoms like that I would call an ambulance, I certainly would not risk the lower air pressures experienced on an aircraft, they are pressurised but I think the air pressure in the plane is similar to about 7,000 foot of altitude.[/QUOTE]

I'd addressed it to the OP - sorry.

OP
OP
clid61

clid61

Veteran
I'm back in UK now , not a wind up btw EZY1894 left Marrakech for Manchester at 2000. flight ironically diverted into bilboa to take a passenger off and to nearest hospital. Feel.much better though but going to get myself checked out as stated
thanks for your concerns. I had my concerns about flying but flew anyway. Had a great time BTW despite the incident. I'm going to pack a shower mat next year.

Last edited:

r04DiE

300km a week through London on a road bike.
I'm back in UK now , not a wind up btw EZY1894 left Marrakech for Manchester at 2000. flight ironically diverted into bilboa to take a passenger off and to nearest hospital. Feel.much better though but going to get myself checked out as stated
thanks for your concerns. I had my concerns about flying but flew anyway. Had a great time BTW despite the incident. I'm going to pack a shower mat next year.
Good stuff and do get yourself checked out mate :smile:

Top Bottom