Concussion

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
I'm back in UK now , not a wind up btw EZY1894 left Marrakech for Manchester at 2000. flight ironically diverted into bilboa to take a passenger off and to nearest hospital. Feel.much better though but going to get myself checked out as stated
thanks for your concerns. I had my concerns about flying but flew anyway. Had a great time BTW despite the incident. I'm going to pack a shower mat next year.
Knew that one got diverted. A second EZY flight was also diverted.

What stopped you going when you got home though. One of the last things I've been advised do, is go to sleep.

Slick

Guru
Now I know the OP is home, I can tell you about one guy I saw fall and hit his head. The actual fall is a long story, but the resulting head injury from just a few seconds of unconsciousness is a very much changed personality with bouts of anger and depression he tries very hard to hide. It's been over a year now, with no signs of improvement. This type of injury should never be taken lightly, sleep and flying must be the 2 worst possible reactions to a head injury.

OP
OP
clid61

clid61

Veteran
Knew that one got diverted. A second EZY flight was also diverted.

What stopped you going when you got home though. One of the last things I've been advised do, is go to sleep.
I hit my head on Wednesday night I flew on Saturday 3 days later. I don't feel like wasting A&E time if I feel ok . Ive slept 3:times since . You must lead a dad life tracking flights . I'll get checked out when I'm ready . Thanks again fir the concenerd.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
clid61

clid61

Veteran
Good stuff and do get yourself checked out mate :smile:
Ta pal

OP
OP
clid61

clid61

Veteran
[QUOTE 4591980, member: 9609"]i got hit on the head with a brick once but it didn't seem to make much differance[/QUOTE]
That's happened to me too ! Took a wall down stacked them up then fell backwards into them , brick dropped off top and fell on my head , blood and swearing

One of the last things I've been advised do, is go to sleep.
sleep and flying must be the 2 worst possible reactions
Sleep is only dangerous because it covers up the symptoms of concussion like dilated pupils, slurred speech or coma. @clid61's symptoms were clear already.

Sleep and rest are the two best treatments for concussion. If you aren't going to see a doctor, you may as well rest. You'll either die in your sleep or start to recover. I wouldn't roll those dice.

OP
OP
clid61

clid61

Veteran
Sleep is only dangerous because it covers up the symptoms of concussion like dilated pupils, slurred speech or coma. @clid61's symptoms were clear already.

Sleep and rest are the two best treatments for concussion. If you aren't going to see a doctor, you may as well rest. You'll either die in your sleep or start to recover. I wouldn't roll those dice.
I rolled them dice for 4 nights not sure if I should waste NHS time on e

Top Bottom