Confrontation advice

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MarkF

Guru
They put urine or bleach in the windscreen washer reservoir, it's quite common, I've had vehicles slow down so the drivers can spray stuff, it's obvious what they're doing.

You've lost the plot completely Glenn, that is utter nonsense.

I am 52 and can count on the fingers of one hand, with some to spare, the times I've been sprayed by car screen washers. I commute through nose to tail traffic every day.

OP, you chose to escalate the situation which was a "nothing", riding around shouting "twat" at drivers, who may or may not have dissed you, is only going to end in tears, probably yours.

Sim2003

I wouldn't say that what @Glenn said is nonsense @MarkF . My commute into work at 3:30am can be quite the experience although rare I have a fair few scary and un-welcomed experiences . Not the spray thing but here is a few.

Eggs thrown at me. Guy actually went up and down road twice to do this , I was all ready to phone police if came round again.
Driver deliberately coming head on at me x2
Being boxed in by 2 vans at set of traffic lights (looked like agency vans)
Van actually going fast enough over a Bridge to leave the ground for a good 15-20 feet. Fun to see kind of except he nearly crashed into a pub and hit the pavement and roadside I was on 5seconds before.
Had one driver come up to me fast and slam brakes on to cause a huge screech . Made me swerve onto pavement (luckily was a drop curb).

If and when I do shout at these knob head drivers I don't feel my swearing would have been the cause of this "escalation".

I will say though these incidences are very rare , over the past 2 years this is all I can recall right now as being exceptionally bad. But don't put it past people to do awful things and for no reason at all.

For any of your usual day to day incidences though its best to just let the person past and forget about it.

Last edited:

Andrew_P

In between here and there
1000's of mile for me and only the odd sweet and empty can, the sweet the teenage kid got twated by the father when I caught up and told him. Although I am fairly confident the father was fully aware already.

I have said this before but I got in to a confrontation with a Van with two blokes, when they refused to back up their threats and to pull over I made the mistake of carrying on in traffic 200 yards up the road they nudged me twice from behind while I was doing about 15mph. I would never give an angry embarrassed man the opportunity again and would hang back or just stop and wait.

MarkF

Guru
I wouldn't say that what @Glenn said is nonsense @MarkF . My commute into work at 3:30am can be quite the experience although rare I have a fair few scary and un-welcomed experiences . Not the spray thing but here is a few.

I had a car slow down alongside me last week, so absorbed were the driver and passenger in shouting abuse at me "You fookin coont", they didn't even notice an ambulance, with flashing lights and a loud siren, trying to get past them.

But, Glenn said it is common for car drivers to fill their screen washers with bleach/urine and to slow down and target cyclists. A specific allegation and one that IS nonsense.

Sim2003

I had a car slow down alongside me last week, so absorbed were the driver and passenger in shouting abuse at me "You fookin coont", they didn't even notice an ambulance, with flashing lights and a loud siren, trying to get past them.

But, Glenn said it is common for car drivers to fill their screen washers with bleach/urine and to slow down and target cyclists. A specific allegation and one that IS nonsense.

Maybe its a area thing then , I was warned by a work colleague about people in area posting videos of them pushing cyclists over.

Also I knew someone in college that filled his windscreen thing with blackcurrant squash to spray people at bus stops.

MarkF

Guru
Maybe its a area thing then , I was warned by a work colleague about people in area posting videos of them pushing cyclists over.

Also I knew someone in college that filled his windscreen thing with blackcurrant squash to spray people at bus stops.

I don't believe there is any area in the world where people, commonly, fill their screen washers with bleach/urine to target cyclists.

Last edited:
Top Bottom