Congrats to Auntie Helen

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Auntie Helen

Ich bin Powerfrau!
Here's my Cyclog.

It's fairly apparent when I realised I was dropping behind and when the race truly started to grip me after Ian's Pluckley ride which I attended!

cyclogs.jpg

OP
OP
ianrauk

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
And you cycled every single day in Feb... which is no mean feat either

edit... every single day in 2009....

Auntie Helen

Ich bin Powerfrau!
Ah well, beats doing the housework!

My apologies to all the rest of you that I've bored with this race.

I recall this quote from Tdr1nka about the CC Hilly South London ride:

tdr1nka said:
Hey, I might be faster on this ride so I don't get caught between Auntie Helen and Ianrauk counting miles at each other.;);)

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Congrats Auntie H..... Your Nov/Dec miles were nearly double mine because of the ICE.... I average about 450 - 500 miles a month, but it's mostly commuting, with short ish weekend rides - I don't have the time, so it's done at 19 plus mph ave. at weekends..but 700 plus in Feb...flippin heck........;)

Auntie Helen

Ich bin Powerfrau!
fossyant said:
Congrats Auntie H..... Your Nov/Dec miles were nearly double mine because of the ICE.... I average about 450 - 500 miles a month, but it's mostly commuting, with short ish weekend rides - I don't have the time, so it's done at 19 plus mph ave. at weekends..but 700 plus in Feb...flippin heck........;)
Just noticed Ian's and my total for the year to date is only 2 miles different!

The trike was an advantage in the bad weather with snow and ice not really affecting whether I could cycle. This was how I got ahead of Ian at the beginning of Feb and I don't suppose I'll have that kind of advantage over the next few months!

As you see above my average speeds are pretty low; I've been trying to increase them each month but this month they reduced again, probably because of the extra distance and tired legs! How you people average 19mph is totally beyond me!

ianrauk said:
May I be the first to congratulate Auntie Helen. :becool:
She beat me fair and square on Cyclogs this month, it went down to the wire...I finished on 734.15 miles for the month of February (damn those 2 missing commuting day's due to that snow & no cycling tomorrow), she is on 753.01, and no doubt will add to that tomorrow.

Well done dear Helen... it's been fun & hard work for both of us... with the pair of us having never done that amount of mileage in one month before.

And now on to March...;)
Well done the pair of you :blush:; I've been really lazy this month and I've only done 420miles.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Auntie Helen said:
How you people average 19mph is totally beyond me!

Erm...I can't do 700 miles per month......I don't think I have ever done that....EVER.........I can't mile munch....:becool:.....

I can do miles, sometimes, with the CC rides last year, did that, but if I say I'll do 60 miles...it will be that, and in 3 hours..... or my 45 mile big climb route in 2.5 hours...... I am just not 'programmed' to tour... I am terrible....it's my old 'race' training that does it, and I'm not as young as I was when racing - - OK only 39 now... but I'm fighting getting older....grrrrrrr..............

700 miles in Feb.........flippin nora !!!!!!!!!!!;)

Keith Oates

Janner
Well done to both of you, I watched your progress in awe, especially during the bad weather. However we have also had a challenge from Mr. Hippo and the gang from Cycle Social so there can be no letting up throughout the rest of the year:laugh:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Auntie Helen said:
As you see above my average speeds are pretty low; I've been trying to increase them each month but this month they reduced again, probably because of the extra distance and tired legs! How you people average 19mph is totally beyond me!

Congrats to you both ... though how you can say about slow ave speeds ... I'm the only one on cyclogs who hasn't reached double figures yet.... thats what I notice on that table...

Despite doing under this month I'm still just about on target for my aim of 3000 this year... as long as I can get back on the bike soon. I couldn't imagine managing to do as many miles as you two and some of the others at the top of the table.

Auntie Helen

Ich bin Powerfrau!
Average speeds are a bit deceptive, actually. Ian (and various others) are doing commuting to London which involves traffic lights and general traffic which slow the average significantly. I remember one ride earlier this month when I'd been cycling for about fifteen minutes and then realised I ought to check my brakes as it had been freezing the night before; lo and behold they didn't work. But this made me realise I hadn't needed to brake for 15 minutes of my cycle. Most of my routes have no traffic lights at all, and minimal traffic!

Anyway, tomorrow is another month and as Keith says, we need to keep ahead of the Cycle Social team! I shall try and do my part!

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Wait up, though, I'm off out for a ride later... if I can clock up 640 odd miles by sundown, the February crown is mine! :biggrin:

Panter

Just call me Chris...
Fantastic achievement :smile:

And there was me being chuffed with a traget of 90 miles for the week :biggrin:

How do I join the cyclog thing? I'd never be anywhere other than near the bottom but every bit of motivation helps :biggrin:

Top Bottom