Conifer removal cost, advice please.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Denis99

Über Member
Looking for some advice on the cost of conifer stump removal.

I have hacked down the conifers and removed the conifer debris.

All that is left are three small(ish) stumps, unfortunately I don’t have the strength and energy to dig them out.

Looked on the internet and see that a chainsaw and a stump removal machine would complete this. Access to the conifers is quite easy.

I,m guessing , but would have thought about two hours maximum for someone with the knowledge and correct equipment.

vickster

Legendary Member
Get 3 quotes from local tree people?

Levo-Lon

Guru
Can you put a pic up?
Most conifer tree stumps are shallow and come out easy,unlike say a sycamore or beech

I used to just put a chain around them and pull them with my ducato van.
Upto about 10' thickness or a 1.5 ton mini digger if there more substantial.

Check local tree people " not travelling tree types"

Randomnerd

Bimbleur
Looking for some advice on the cost of conifer stump removal.

I have hacked down the conifers and removed the conifer debris.

All that is left are three small(ish) stumps, unfortunately I don’t have the strength and energy to dig them out.

Looked on the internet and see that a chainsaw and a stump removal machine would complete this. Access to the conifers is quite easy.

I,m guessing , but would have thought about two hours maximum for someone with the knowledge and correct equipment.
Drill a few holes in the stumps and pour in ammonium sulphamate crystals. Wrap with plastic and forget. Stumps rot. Buy crystals as accelerant for compost. Used to be sold as herbicide but EU banned it. Handle with care but not wildly toxic in small amounts.

betty swollocks

large member
Once it's gone. you'll pine for it.

Top Bottom