Conti Speed Tyres

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Lilliburlero

Pro sandbagger
I think they`re the older version of the Continental Speed Rides (mine are 42c) that I have on my newly acquired Giant Revolt 2.

Pretty quick and very comfy on and off road (no wet sludgy stuff), but they suck up thorns better than a Dyson..... I`v had 6 thorn punctures in about 7 rides on them to date... 1 on the first ride (50km mostly road and light trail), 3 on the second ride ( 40 km, half road, half off, but that was on a pretty rough canal path ride lined with hawthorn), and the other 2 were short road commutes to work.

Ashby canal ride puncturethon
Picture 694.jpg

Picture 695.jpg

I`m looking at other tyres with better protection, but I`m going to go the tube sealant route, because they`re worth it :thumbsup:

OP
OP
MrGrumpy

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
I think they`re the older version of the Continental Speed Rides (mine are 42c) that I have on my newly acquired Giant Revolt 2.

Pretty quick and very comfy on and off road (no wet sludgy stuff), but they suck up thorns better than a Dyson..... I`v had 6 thorn punctures in about 7 rides on them to date... 1 on the first ride (50km mostly road and light trail), 3 on the second ride ( 40 km, half road, half off, but that was on a pretty rough canal path ride lined with hawthorn), and the other 2 were short road commutes to work.

Ashby canal ride puncturethon View attachment 151506
View attachment 151508

I`m looking at other tyres with better protection, but I`m going to go the tube sealant route, because they`re worth it :thumbsup:
Hmm wondered if they would be any good ! Maybe need to look at something else . Panaracer do a gravel king tyre which seems decent but it could well be when run as tubeless . Think my next disc wheel will be tubeless in fact the wheel for my roadie as well. Seems to make much more sense !

OP
OP
MrGrumpy

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
Vittoria Voyager Hyper any good ? Planet X seem to have a really good price on them at the moment even if paying for postage ( £50 minimum spend is a PITA )

Starting to think I would be better with Mich Endurance or Schwalbe Durano in 28s or the above ?? CX cross tyres may not be a good idea for the commute unless running tubeless as otherwise they pick up all sorts of punctures which I can concur with.

Last edited:

22point8

IMG_20160430_134556.jpg

I have them on my bike (Ridgeback Dualtrack x3 2015) I was surprised to find they were the more expensive folding version, the front one punctured in the same place twice but hasn't since. The tyres are super light but you can feel they are soft, they are fast rolling on hardpack. If you go from wet hardpack to pavement the dirt unclogs from the file pattern tread but the sides remain grubby, so the side grip works. I made the mistake of riding on a path I thought was a light brown paved surface, it turned out to be 'dusty dry clay', I fell off and got 'road rash', so they certainly aren't good for that. My tyres didn't have the red and yellow text, thats why I thought they were the cheaper non folding version.
IMG_20160430_134524.jpg
IMG_20160918_182318.jpg

Scottish Scrutineer

Über Member
Vittoria Voyager Hyper any good ? Planet X seem to have a really good price on them at the moment even if paying for postage ( £50 minimum spend is a PITA )

Starting to think I would be better with Mich Endurance or Schwalbe Durano in 28s or the above ?? CX cross tyres may not be a good idea for the commute unless running tubeless as otherwise they pick up all sorts of punctures which I can concur with.
I've still to fit the pair that's sitting in the store to my bike. I've heard lots of good stories about them

OP
OP
MrGrumpy

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
View attachment 151763
I have them on my bike (Ridgeback Dualtrack x3 2015) I was surprised to find they were the more expensive folding version, the front one punctured in the same place twice but hasn't since. The tyres are super light but you can feel they are soft, they are fast rolling on hardpack. If you go from wet hardpack to pavement the dirt unclogs from the file pattern tread but the sides remain grubby, so the side grip works. I made the mistake of riding on a path I thought was a light brown paved surface, it turned out to be 'dusty dry clay', I fell off and got 'road rash', so they certainly aren't good for that. My tyres didn't have the red and yellow text, thats why I thought they were the cheaper non folding version.
View attachment 151765 View attachment 151768

Sounds promising, just been running Rocket Rons on my CX in commuter mode and they are dead comfy, was running skinny 25c over spring and summer but the ride was hellish. So was looking for some thing similar in volume but faster rolling with additional grip on winter roads and paths. Although starting to think the cycle path is thorn central ! Might go back to the main road again.

OP
OP
MrGrumpy

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
I've still to fit the pair that's sitting in the store to my bike. I've heard lots of good stories about them

Take it your talking about the Vittoria Voyagers ?

Top Bottom