Continental 4 season tyres

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

e-rider

crappy member
I have just bought a pair of Conti 4 seasons tyres in 700x23

After fitting the tyres one looked bigger than the other. I have attempted to measure them with a digital caliper and indeed one tyre measures about 2mm more.

Both are labelled as 23mm, they are fitted to the same rims with the same rim tape and the same inner tubes.

Is this common? Is a problem with the manufacturing? They are 'handmade' so probably yes!

My guess is that one 23mm one escaped the batch and shacked up with the 25mms before the labeling happened. Do they both run true?

OP
OP
e-rider

e-rider

crappy member
My guess is that one 23mm one escaped the batch and shacked up with the 25mms before the labeling happened. Do they both run true?
they both had 23 on the box and they both have 23 molded into the rubber which must be done during manufacture, not afterwards i would think

Svendo

Guru
You could swap them on the wheels and see if they still measure the same. If too much hassle to return to vendor put the wider on the rear like those force/attack tyres.

OP
OP
e-rider

e-rider

crappy member
I'm sure they are seated correctly. I'm sure that one is either oversized or undersized. I will not return them as they both seem to be fine. I'll try swapping them round and see what happens, otherwise larger on the rear makes sense like the force/attack tyres - unfortunately the larger tyre is currently on the front!

Top Bottom