Continuity and C**k Ups on TV

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
In Dr Who. They keep changing the actor hoping no one will notice

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Any EastEnders character. The actors keep getting replaced. Has no one noticed?

figbat

Slippery scientist
How about the temporal gymnastics in Back to the Future, and the several gaping plot holes that defy the explanations given within the films themselves?

Example 1 - when Einstein is sent forwards 1 minute in time. He disappears from the timeline for a minute and then reappears; Doc Brown explains this very phenomenon to Marty. And yet, when Marty goes forward in time he somehow sees his older self - wouldn’t he have simply disappeared like Einstein did and then reappear in the future, with no other self to see since he was gone from the timeline?

Example 2 - when old Biff nicks the Delorean from the future and takes the Sports Almanac back to 1955, how is he able to then return himself and the Delorean to his original future rather than the alternate one that gets created as a consequence of the Almanac? Again, Doc Brown explains this very reason why they return to a different future from the one they left, so why not Biff?

I know it’s all sci-fi so reality can be suspended but the fact they ignore their own explanations, ones which are at the very heart of the plot, is lazy and/or ignorant writing.

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
Six pages and the real clangers haven't been mentioned. Cyclechat really is going to the dogs.

1634668814615.png

Attachments

• 1634668784702.png
    1634668784702.png
    198.3 KB · Views: 1

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
How about the temporal gymnastics in Back to the Future, and the several gaping plot holes that defy the explanations given within the films themselves?

Example 1 - when Einstein is sent forwards 1 minute in time. He disappears from the timeline for a minute and then reappears; Doc Brown explains this very phenomenon to Marty. And yet, when Marty goes forward in time he somehow sees his older self - wouldn’t he have simply disappeared like Einstein did and then reappear in the future, with no other self to see since he was gone from the timeline?

Example 2 - when old Biff nicks the Delorean from the future and takes the Sports Almanac back to 1955, how is he able to then return himself and the Delorean to his original future rather than the alternate one that gets created as a consequence of the Almanac? Again, Doc Brown explains this very reason why they return to a different future from the one they left, so why not Biff?

I know it’s all sci-fi so reality can be suspended but the fact they ignore their own explanations, ones which are at the very heart of the plot, is lazy and/or ignorant writing.

It just shows that their understanding of time travel isn’t correct

roley poley

Veteran
war documentaries when the good guys run in from the left and the bad guys run in from the right ...they often flip the film to keep that illusion and you will see an attacking army of left handers using left handed rifles on their left shoulder!!!

Top Bottom