Continuity and C**k Ups on TV

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
In Corrie, Abi gets a gun. Last week it was a dirty great .45 ACP auto, tonight it's a Walther.

Last night in The Larkins, kids rummaging abour in pop Larkin's yard pull out a bicycle wheel with a 140mm brake disc on it. Clearly not something one would expect to see in the 60's...

And the re runs of Dangerfield on ITV4. He was driving 3 different Land Rover Disco's in the same episode.

And The Progessionals. Doyle is right handed but wears a shoulder holster under his right armpit.

Why do producers not pay attention to detail, and what clangers have you spotted?

Profpointy

Legendary Member
The best one I've seen, and it was a deliberate joke rather than a goof was in the blaxploitation parody Black Dynamite. There was a big fight and one of the baddies is thrown through a window. When he gets up he's not merely changed clothes but is played by a different actor

Saluki

World class procrastinator
Way back, when I was a kid watching the adventures of black beauty, the titular horse threw its ride and was tacked up with a snaffle bridle that became a head collar while cantering through the woods and the saddle vanished and, by the time the horse got back home it had a saddle on again and had a kimblewick bit instead of a snaffle.

Black Beauty had a second career as a quick change artist, possibly.

Brandane

Legendary Member
More recently, on "Vigil".
In episode 1 when the 2 women CID officers are in the car heading for "Faslane" (actually filmed on a disused access road at Hunterston nuclear power station, near me), all the scenes inside the car you can see it is raining heavily outside, windscreen wipers are on. But when they are filming the same scene outside the car, it's a beautiful sunny day!

Inside the car:

Outside!

Last edited:

figbat

Slippery scientist
Way back, when I was a kid watching the adventures of black beauty, the titular horse threw its ride and was tacked up with a snaffle bridle that became a head collar while cantering through the woods and the saddle vanished and, by the time the horse got back home it had a saddle on again and had a kimblewick bit instead of a snaffle.

Black Beauty had a second career as a quick change artist, possibly.
First class tack nerdery!👍🏼

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
Watching Brits abroad last night, the couple were driving a silver Renault Megane to see a house, coming out of the drive , they drove a red Peugeot.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
I seem to get engrossed in whatever I’m watching and am totally oblivious to these things! :laugh:

Can't remember the actual films now - but my Dad used to get annoyed at WW2 films where they would randomly swap between Hurricanes and various marks of Spitfires pretty much at random
or use a late mark of Spitfire in an early war situation

and don;t even go there about using a Lanc. in a bombing mission before they were invented - he worked on Stirlings and Halifaxs which are never shown - even when they were the only 4 engined bombers flying!

stephec

Legendary Member
The best one I've seen, and it was a deliberate joke rather than a goof was in the blaxploitation parody Black Dynamite. There was a big fight and one of the baddies is thrown through a window. When he gets up he's not merely changed clothes but is played by a different actor
Brilliant film, I wish Netflix would show it again.. 😂

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
More recently, on "Vigil".
In episode 1 when the 2 women CID officers are in the car heading for "Faslane" (actually filmed on a disused access road at Hunterston nuclear power station, near me), all the scenes inside the car you can see it is raining heavily outside, windscreen wipers are on. But when they are filming the same scene outside the car, it's a beautiful sunny day!

Inside the car:

View attachment 614182

Outside!

View attachment 614183
I like it. First class pernicketiness

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
Can't remember the actual films now - but my Dad used to get annoyed at WW2 films where they would randomly swap between Hurricanes and various marks of Spitfires pretty much at random
or use a late mark of Spitfire in an early war situation

and don;t even go there about using a Lanc. in a bombing mission before they were invented - he worked on Stirlings and Halifaxs which are never shown - even when they were the only 4 engined bombers flying!
And in Mosquito squadron where the Nazzie tank is actually a painted up Sherman.

And Battle of Britain, the outside of Robert Shaw's house has a modern doorbell button.

Top Bottom