Continuity and C**k Ups on TV

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rikki

Legendary Member
The jungle noises in the Tarzan movies included kookaburras.

GetFatty

Über Member
The fact that if you went to the toilet in the Rovers Return you'd technically be in Albert Tatlock's living room. They "fixed" it by making an alleyway between the pub and the house??

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
More recently, on "Vigil".
In episode 1 when the 2 women CID officers are in the car heading for "Faslane" (actually filmed on a disused access road at Hunterston nuclear power station, near me), all the scenes inside the car you can see it is raining heavily outside, windscreen wipers are on. But when they are filming the same scene outside the car, it's a beautiful sunny day!

Inside the car:

View attachment 614182

Outside!

View attachment 614183

Also in "Vigil", the Royal Navy helicopter used to fly Suranne Jones out to the sub is an RAF SAR Sea King that would have been retired several years ago, still painted yellow but with "Navy" written on the side.

The classic James Bond car continuity error is in Diamonds are Forever where Bond, James Bond is taking Tiffany up a narrow allley in his red Mustang. He enters the alley left wheels in the air and exits right wheels in the air.
isn't that part of the "wow" joke though?
I mean James Bond films are hardly AA/British School of Motoring instructional vids.
I will refrain from technical ponderings on your: James Bond is taking Tiffany up a narrow allley

Threevok

Growing old disgracefully
Don't forget the entire cave of disappearing barrels in Lord of The Rings - The Two Towers

Spiderweb

Not So Special One
I was watching Endeavour (set between 1965 & 1971) there was a Raleigh Chopper in the background which you might expect as they were first released in 1969 however on closer inspection it was the modern day incarnation with the seperate seat and back rest!

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
My favorite is the continually self-repairing harmonica in Once Upon A Time In The West

I watched that recently but didn't spot any strange goings on with the harmonica.

Boring film, though, too long and too many scenes of characters saying very little.

DaveReading

Don't suffer fools gladly (must try harder!)
Also in "Vigil", the Royal Navy helicopter used to fly Suranne Jones out to the sub is an RAF SAR Sea King that would have been retired several years ago, still painted yellow but with "Navy" written on the side.

Presumably had the Navy not refused to cooperate in the making of the series, they would have provided a Merlin.

JoeyB

Go on, tilt your head!
I was watching Yes Day with the kids over the weekend and spotted the police road block that had closed the highway presumably whilst the driving scene was filmed. I never normally spot anything like that.

Top Bottom