Contradicting tire pressure

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

novetan

Über Member
Currently am using Vittoria Zaffiro tire. Yesterday I chanced upon a Vittoria tire pressure chart from a bike shop and then only I realized basing on my weight of 65kg, the pressure shld be bet 90 to 95 psi. But the imprint stated on the tire itself mentioned bet 100 to 120 psi. I still have a new box of the same tire and the instruction so clearly stated “never allow the pressure to be less or more than the indicated pressure”. For my case is already less.

So what is your advise. Shld I pump to the min. 100psi or follow the chart which is less than 100 psi.

Tyre pressure chart.jpg

mattobrien

Guru
It looks like it is the weight of the bike and the rider, not sure if you had also Included the bike. If not, it might move it to another PSI band.

Peteaud

Veteran
Currently am using Vittoria Zaffiro tire. Yesterday I chanced upon a Vittoria tire pressure chart from a bike shop and then only I realized basing on my weight of 65kg, the pressure shld be bet 90 to 95 psi. But the imprint stated on the tire itself mentioned bet 100 to 120 psi. I still have a new box of the same tire and the instruction so clearly stated “never allow the pressure to be less or more than the indicated pressure”. For my case is already less.

So what is your advise. Shld I pump to the min. 100psi or follow the chart which is less than 100 psi.

View attachment 21922

So if you put on weight the tire pressure can go up.

Just pump the tires to what you want, but not over what the tire says.

Top Bottom