Tire ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

johnnyb47

Guru
That's a bit of subjective question.Are we talking dropping from a 700c x 32 to a 700 x 23 tyre or are we talking about MTB tyres

OP
OP
O

oldude57

I like the kenda k1029 quick roller sport and was thinking about the kenda kwest high pressure tire that i would run at 80psi,ya i could run them at 100 but id preferr a little less psi for a more comfortable ride

raleighnut

Legendary Member
At the turn of the century 28 - 622 was a size used by tourists and recreational riders. Now many professional cyclists race on this size tyre at lower pressures than the skinny ones.

28's aren't that slow despite popular misconceptions, they are a little heavier so harder to 'spin up' but the reduction in fatigue due to better comfort more than compensates

johnnyb47

Guru
I used to always use 23x700c tyres on my road bike, but with the advancing years of an aging body i started to find them to jarring.
I now use 28x700c tyres and I find them much more comfortable and "dare I say it" from face value, rolling resistance is better.I think if I where to go wider the comfort level would be even better but I think rolling resistance would increase to.
This month I've been enjoying using a fat Ebike with 26x4" tyres..
The comfort level is unrivalled and the horrendous pot holes down the remote lanes where I cycle are no longer an obstacle.They make cycling (in my view) so much safer, because I'm not having to treat the roads like a slalom course avoiding the pot holes that could potentially throw me off or destroy my wheels.
The rolling resistance on them though is very heavy.Cycling without pedal assist is like cycling through thick treacle.

Top Bottom