Contraflow cycle lanes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
We recently had one created in a small but busy radial route into the city centre, with motorised traffic one way outwards.
This week I met a cyclist heading outwards at rush hour, heading the wrong way along the cycle contraflow, riding over numerous upside down white painted images of a bicycle. He paid no attention to the scores of riders on the road lane or the ones riding towards him on the contraflow.
How hard is it to grasp the concept of cycle contraflow lanes. I suspect this is a case of " must use cycle lane" ad absurd

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
They've been doing that on the cycle lane on Blackfriars Street King's Lynn for at least 20 years and will probably keep on doing so until the council finally paint an advisory lane or at least some bike symbols on the other side of the road... like we suggested about 19 years ago...

We recently had one created in a small but busy radial route into the city centre, with motorised traffic one way outwards.
This week I met a cyclist heading outwards at rush hour, heading the wrong way along the cycle contraflow, riding over numerous upside down white painted images of a bicycle. He paid no attention to the scores of riders on the road lane or the ones riding towards him on the contraflow.
How hard is it to grasp the concept of cycle contraflow lanes. I suspect this is a case of " must use cycle lane" ad absurd
Wait ‘till you get abuse from motons who don’t ‘get it’.

Domus

Guru
I was cycling with a mate the other day on the Leigh Guided Busway path. A chap on a bike was coming the other way on his left, as were we, when he saw us he moved to his right and came straight towards us and we had to take avoiding action to prevent a collision. Bizarre :banghead:

Mr_Kipling

Über Member
I live near 3 of them and I try to avoid them at busy times because they are " idiot magnets"
Pedestrians well walk out in front of you because they only look the way cars come from, drivers use it as a car park forcing you to cycle in the oncoming lane, I've seen Police support officers cycle the wrong down them.
Drivers will often cross the solid white line Boundry of the lane to overtake the car in front of them turning into a side road, I bet these drivers would cause up raw if I cycled on the M25.

Top Bottom