Convertible tablet help...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Spinney

Bimbleur extraordinaire
Hello computing experts...

I have a Lenovo convertible tablet thingy, touch screen with a detachable keyboard. It runs Windows 10.

I switch it off when I have finished using it, using the normal 'power off' button on what Microsoft calls the Start menu. However it apparently does not switch off, because if I don't use it for a week or so, when I try to switch on it tells me the battery is dangerously low, even though it had plenty of charge when I switched it off.

Any ideas how to short this out? My 'normal' laptop, also a Lenovo and also running Windows 10, does not do this.

numbnuts

Legendary Member
Sounds like it's going into sleep mode and not turning off IMO check control panal/settings

No idea about tablets but on a window PC then controlpanel/poweroptions gives you options for what power buttons do, e.g. Switch off, hibernate, sleep etc.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Check the power settings as has been said. I have a Linx 1010B Tablet/keyboard thingy, and you've got to make sure it's shut down, or it eats the battery like you describe. Make sure when 'shut down' is selected it turns off, and isn't sent to suspend.

OP
OP
Spinney

Spinney

Bimbleur extraordinaire
Silly me. I thought that when I saw two options, shutdown and sleep, they would mean different things. Turns out they were both set to mean sleep!
(Stomps off muttering about bloody microsoft...)

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Windows 10 doesn't actually "shut down" these days.

"Shut down" actually just puts it into more of a deep sleep.
So how do you actually get it to properly shut down?

Top Bottom