Converting a Boardman 8.6 hybrid

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
M

mtjnr

Regular
I meant cables but I can't 100% rule out cakes being put in the frame bag at some point either!

CXRAndy

Guru
Thanks for that I will take a look. Yeah I'm not fussed about the cables there are plenty of options. I plan to have a 1/2 frame bag attached anyway so cakes could easily be hidden between that and the top bar. I'm not planning on fitting the throttle either so no throttle, brakes cables etc to worry about. So it's one for the display and one for the speed sensor right? Woosh do a battery that fits in a saddle bag as well so the cable from battery to motor will just run up behind the downtube.

If you do go the Woosh direction get the 48V version. Then if you decide to program the controller later, you have the best version motor to do so

OP
OP
M

mtjnr

Regular
It's currently £2400. Twice the price of the self build I'm planning and will cost far more to fix and replace parts in 3/4/5 yrs time.

Don't get me wrong I do get the benefits of the factory built ebikes and perhaps if I could afford to I would love to splash out as some of them look amazing but I'm just not keen on any of the sub 1500 models out there ATM.

OP
OP
M

mtjnr

Regular
They are quite a bit more expensive than the 250v at woosh. Worth it if you want the extra power I'm sure.

CXRAndy

Guru
They are quite a bit more expensive than the 250v at woosh. Worth it if you want the extra power I'm sure.

You could buy the standard TSDZ2 from a Chinese site DHgate, allisexpress, or Alibaba for far less than Woosh.

Have you read the warranty get out clause on Woosh. Competent Ebike mechanic has to fit the motor kit.

They are plug and play if you have just a little bit of mechanical practicality

OP
OP
M

mtjnr

Regular
You could buy the standard TSDZ2 from a Chinese site DHgate, allisexpress, or Alibaba for far less than Woosh.

Have you read the warranty get out clause on Woosh. Competent Ebike mechanic has to fit the motor kit.

They are plug and play if you have just a little bit of mechanical practicality

Cycle2work gets me about 35% off though

I think they are pretty reasonable. At least, they have been in all of my dealings with them. Andy (who owns the company) is very active on the Pedelecs forum - you can see what he's like for yourself.

Top Bottom