Converting hardtail into a commuter

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I would love to get a hold of a good example '92 Bear Valley SE.
My first off roader,and bring it into the 21st century.
It would have its limits though,in terms of what modern gadgetry you put on it.
Be good to try anyway

Levo-Lon

Guru
Incidentally @meta lon ,did you sell your Commencal,or were you just pondering it ?.
Having had a look at it,I personally wouldn't,as it looks like it has been built with a Do It All in mind.
But I know what it's like when you see something shinier later :laugh:

Been using it all the time while waiting for the stealth seat post to come back for my cube..
the commi is a great XC bike with 2x10..ill no doubt keep it as i paid 1800 for it ,half crc rrp in 2013. it was voted bike of the year in 2012..but the new bike is much better..but for different reasons

Levo-Lon

Guru
Cube ?
Tell me more

hpc R brilliant bike and only 11.8kg 140mm

20150803_175853.jpg

Levo-Lon

Guru
Direct mount xcx chain guide @Jody its where the front mech would bolt to if i make it 2x11 etc
Ive removed it for winter as its a narrow wide front and it gets clogged up where i often go..
see pic ..after its removed.

lm 50 Jody..its a push bike to me too lol

20151223_110453.jpg

OP
OP
R

razer17

Having an absolute nightmare with these new Marathon Plus tyres. Couldn't get them to inflate tubeless, and I went through two inners trying to sort them. I don't know if the tubes are too big or what.

OP
OP
R

razer17

You will need 1.5 inners not 2.2's.
Yeah I figured as much, but the smallest 650b inner found is a 1.75-2.1" tube. I might try getting new tubeless rim tape and trying tubeless again.

Will go back my old tyres for a short while, need to use my push bike as my motorbike on icy roads is terrifying.

Top Bottom