cooking, fruit and size

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
This thread makes me sad. .... Are parents not teaching their children kitchen basics, or is it just boys who are missing out?
An awful lot of parents don't know the basics themselves :sad:.

And don't get me started on "Food Technology" in schools :cursing::cursing::cursing::evil::cursing::cursing::cursing:.

Far too many kids miss out. Both genders.

Fwiw, in my limited experience, I've come across rather more boys in secondary school curious to get involved in "real" baking than girls; a little different from my youth, where I had to learn baking from my sister's transfer of skills from her Domestic Science classes.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
By now the cake should be done: any pictures @User9609?
Btw, have you seen @Cuchilo's cup cakes?

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
[QUOTE 4682970, member: 9609"]there's no cake, it didn't go well at all, I have completely borked my knee and there is other stuff thats not good - few things to sort out the morrow[/QUOTE]
Oh, sorry to hear that!
Hope you didn't bash your knee on the open oven door, I did that before in a small kitchen.
I might bake a lemon cake in your honor tomorrow :smile:

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
It is impossible for lemon cake to be too lemony.
I made a batch of lemon dribble fairy cakes a few days ago - one egg, 2 oz each of SR flour, butter and sugar, and two lemons. Zest in the cake, juice and more sugar on top once they're done. Makes 8 littleish ones.
It's better with fresh lemons. Like fresh off the tree. This may require a trip to NZ or somewhere.

Speicher

Vice Admiral
It is impossible for lemon cake to be too lemony.
I made a batch of lemon dribble fairy cakes a few days ago - one egg, 2 oz each of SR flour, butter and sugar, and two lemons. Zest in the cake, juice and more sugar on top once they're done. Makes 8 littleish ones.
It's better with fresh lemons. Like fresh off the tree. This may require a trip to NZ or somewhere.

Or to Italy for Limoncello?

[QUOTE 4682970, member: 9609"]there's no cake, it didn't go well at all, I have completely borked my knee and there is other stuff thats not good - few things to sort out the morrow[/QUOTE]
Oh lordy. Borked knee baking a cake - come on, @User9609 ...... there's a story there! Has to be!

And as for things to sort out the morrow - photos, or it ain't so.

Seriously though - some cakes have a mind of their own, and refuse to follow the recipe.

Top Bottom