Cool (but not freezing) Weather Full Finger Gloves

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Reynard

Reynard

Guru
Thanks folks, you've given me a few good ideas. However, I am well sorted for winter gloves with these:

https://www.tredz.co.uk/.Altura-Peloton-Progel-Waterproof-Long-Finger-Cycling-Gloves-AW16_74007.htm

Most of my riding gets done in the afternoon / early evenings, so at this time of year, what suits during the day is usually not warm enough once the sun goes down. Right now I'm sort of thinking getting a cheap pair of fleece gloves in Primark and seeing if wearing them over my lycra ones will work. Can keep them in my jacket pocket and put them on when needed.

theclaud

Openly Marxist
[QUOTE 5027579, member: 9609"]a glove designed so you can play with your telephone? - please tell me they have some other attribute - and please tell me you don't play with screens whilst out on the bike, of all the people in all of the universe I would have thought you well above that sort of complete bollox

have you some Inuit blood in you ?

4 above tonight and I was suffering badly, had to stop a couple of times to try and get the blood flowing again. I was somewhat bolstered when the gritter lorry went past, I thought it must be below freezing, but it wasn't, it was 4 above. Should of had my woolly mitts with me.[/QUOTE]
Get a grip. Which, handily, DeFeets will help with. You are getting Google happy. I don't have the phone-friendly version, which is a later development, but I don't really care about people checking their phones while riding, as long as they are watching out for people. These are the best gloves. End of.

theclaud

Openly Marxist
[QUOTE 5027587, member: 9609"]oops - sorry[/QUOTE]
I should add that they should only be worn in black or white. Red at a push.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
We are all different and have to make our own experiments. I rode a 50km yesterday and wore full finger yacht gloves and a pair of windproof gloves over the top and was fine. Jannie was bare handed all day and was also fine, even though it is cold here in Denmark.

The trick is to keep the wind off your hands as much as possible

Custom24

Über Member
If your existing gloves are not too tight, then try a pair of glove liners beneath them. Then you can vary mid ride.

One thing that you do not want to do is to make what's on your hands tight. This reduces the circulation and makes it worse. I learned this the hard way.

Decathlon do glove liners.

[QUOTE 5027579, member: 9609"]a glove designed so you can play with your telephone? - please tell me they have some other attribute - and please tell me you don't play with screens whilst out on the bike, of all the people in all of the universe I would have thought you well above that sort of complete bollox[/QUOTE]
Stop being so judgmental.

Eg I get a text. If it's close to freezing it's nice to be able to stop and read it without taking my gloves off.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
[QUOTE 5027739, member: 9609"]why can't people just switch these devices off ?[/QUOTE]
Maybe some people have responsibilities, and the other option would be to stay at home and not ride? You also appear to conflate having a phone along with messing with it constantly, two things which can be exclusive of each other.

(To give you one data point, my phone stays in its top tube bag unless I get a call or text, at which point I pull over to check whether I need to hasten back or not. Or whether I need to pick up milk on the way back, etc etc).

[QUOTE 5027739, member: 9609"]why can't people behave exactly like me?[/QUOTE]
FTFY

OP
OP
Reynard

Reynard

Guru
If your existing gloves are not too tight, then try a pair of glove liners beneath them. Then you can vary mid ride.

One thing that you do not want to do is to make what's on your hands tight. This reduces the circulation and makes it worse. I learned this the hard way.

Decathlon do glove liners.

Oh. I hadn't thought of liners... :blush:

I think that could work. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Reynard

Reynard

Guru
We are all different and have to make our own experiments. I rode a 50km yesterday and wore full finger yacht gloves and a pair of windproof gloves over the top and was fine. Jannie was bare handed all day and was also fine, even though it is cold here in Denmark.

The trick is to keep the wind off your hands as much as possible

Seems like gloves are right up there with saddles... :laugh:

Top Bottom