Cool (but not freezing) Weather Full Finger Gloves

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Can anyone recommend a solution?

Was wearing some full finger lycra gloves with suede palms when riding this afternoon. The gloves are nowt special, just a pair of basic Muddy Fox jobbies I bought when I got back into cycling last year. They're fine during the day at the moment, but once the sun went down, my hands got really cold.

Now I do have some of the fleece lined, wind and waterproof Altura jobbies. They're absolutely brilliant when it's freezing, but right now they're just a mite too toasty.

Is there a decent cool weather glove on the market that sits somewhere in between what I've currently got?

Or would I be better off buying a cheap pair of fleece gloves to wear over the lycra ones?

Thoughts / experiences would be welcome.

vickster

Legendary Member
Specialized BG ridge for me but depends on how cold your hands get

Decathlon have quite a good range of gloves

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
I use Lidl ski gloves. A bit less than £6 a pair. It's not going to be financial ruin if they don't suit you. Give them a go.

BTW, the figs will just adore them.:okay:

gbb

Legendary Member
While not cycling specific or particually pretty, but not ugly either, the best chilly weather gloves I ever had for cycling were some Swedish Air Force pilots gloves from a military surplus shop for £10 (used but good condition)
Soft grey leather, well made, with a thin but very effective fleece lining. I had mine for commuting and they lasted about 5 years, I miss those gloves.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
My favourites are some roubaix lined windproof Decathlon gloves - unfortunately, they were an end of line item, but they are excellent. The 500 "Mid Season Glove" looks similar, but doesn't have the nifty reflective print on the backs.

Top Bottom