Cool (but not freezing) Weather Full Finger Gloves

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

andrew_s

Legendary Member
I am still wearing shorts so canna advise ya
Likewise, and no gloves, or socks in the sandals, so far.

When it gets cold, I use fairly light windproof gloves - Extremities Velo or similar, in a size large enough to be a loose fit. The loose fit is important.
They have in the past done me for down to -10°. I did loose the feeling in the fingers after a mile or two, but it came back once I'd properly warmed up, after 5 miles or so, and the hands remained comfortable for the rest of the ride.

OP
OP
Reynard

Reynard

Guru
Likewise, and no gloves, or socks in the sandals, so far.

:cold:

I've already reached for the winter jacket, thermal socks and roubaix tights... :surrender:

OP
OP
Reynard

Reynard

Guru
Oh yes... I'm one of these people that if my extremities are cold, then the rest of me is cold.

When it comes to thermal socks, the Feet Heater clones from Lidl are just the ticket.

Maenchi

StoneDog
those leather army gloves with the fleece lining, had them for years, and when it gets really cold pull wool gloves over the top.....

OP
OP
Reynard

Reynard

Guru
Thanks folks, really appreciate all the options :smile: Am bound to find something that works for me.

OP
OP
Reynard

Reynard

Guru
Ended up in Decathlon after all...

Got their last pair of fleece-lined mid weight B'twin 320 gloves in XS, and then, while I was pootling around looking at their skiing / winter wear, spotted kiddies glove liners in pure silk, (Yep, my hands are *that* small) so bagged a pair of those. They fit under the 320 gloves, so should keep my fingers toasty.

Not tried them out on the bike yet as my back's too sore to let me ride.

Top Bottom