Cool thingies you can do on a keyboard by pressing combinations of alt+various numbers .. etc (or Co

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Shaun

Founder
Fnaar said:
OK, OK, but the thread title "Cool thingies you can do on a keyboard by pressing combinations of alt+various numbers I don't know what they're really called but I've seen the word ascii and can't be bothered to find out what it means or refers to" would have been a tad too long. :blush::eek:

Doesn't fit ... ;)

LLB

For total escapism, try ctrl+alt+del

you can go put the kettle on then :blush:

Cyclista

Sort of on topic, if you hold the CTRL and roll the wheel on your mouse forward and back, you can scale the size of text in the browser window. And some of you might find ascii table handy.

OP
OP
Fnaar

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Cyclista said:
Sort of on topic, if you hold the CTRL and roll the wheel on your mouse forward and back, you can scale the size of text in the browser window.
COOOOL! :eek: That's precisely why I started this thread. :biggrin:

Maz

Guru
Cyclista said:
Sort of on topic, if you hold the CTRL and roll the wheel on your mouse forward and back, you can scale the size of text in the browser window...
Woh. Cool!

Shaun

Founder
Cyclista said:
Sort of on topic, if you hold the CTRL and roll the wheel on your mouse forward and back, you can scale the size of text in the browser window.

... and if you don't have a scroll wheel mouse ... CTRL + "+" or "-" zooms in and out in the same way.

Cheers,
Shaun :biggrin:

OP
OP
Fnaar

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Admin said:
... and if you don't have a scroll wheel mouse ... CTRL + "+" or "-" zooms in and out in the same way.

Cheers,
Shaun :smile:
Equally cool, if the smooth wheel action doesn't do it for you :biggrin:

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
I've used é (alt+0233) a fair bit, and ° (alt+0176) gets used quite a lot for documenting film development.

radger

Veteran
Alt Gr + e gives you é - and the accent on all the vowels
and it's the key you use to get the third symbol on those that have three, e.g. € on the 4 key and ¦ on the ` key

(and it gives you the bold text option in the quick reply editor if you press b with it)

Top Bottom