Cor! Cycling is becoming really trendy....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Globalti

Legendary Member
This is the cover of the latest Ribble Valley magazine, one of a family of upmarket free advertisers disguised as lifestyle guides that all RV residents get stuffed through their letterbox evey couple of months.

The Ribble Valley is an extraordinarily beautiful, tranquil and traffic-free area to cycle and it is surrounded by other great cycling areas. It's very common to see cyclists on RV roads but now that the RV Magazine has embraced cycling, I expect we'll see lots more beginners out this summer as well as all-the-gear-but-no-idea types.

Oh, the cycling articles inside the mag were a rather poor description of the Salter Fell mountain bike route from Slaidburn to Wray and an advert for a shop disguised as an article.

P1070076.jpg

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
I predict a rash of correspondence at the lack of a plastic lid...

...whereas to me it looks like she is descending in the middle ring. :whistle:

OP
OP
Globalti

Globalti

Legendary Member
Yup... no helmet, no sweat or road dirt, cool specs, cool foreign-sounding bike, it's going to be interesting to see how much this boosts bike sales and especially the Felt brand.

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
I would've thought they had done their research and used a 'Ribble' bike on the cover?

Hey, that's a Felt F6 - a pretty "cool" bike. Look at its silly straight fork! Its garish decals!

Seriously, it is a nice bike and I like the pic, even if she* is descending in the small ring (the F6 comes with a 50/34 compact chainset as standard).

d.

*are we sure the rider is a she? I'm not entirely convinced either way.

400bhp

Guru
I wonder if heshe is a member on here?

Not Jetszon-not wearing headphones. :whistle:

[insert member name and comment on likeness or not]

OP
OP
Globalti

Globalti

Legendary Member
Looking at the cover close up I can tell you it's 100% a girlie. What you might not be able to see is that she's wearing overshoes, which is a bit odd as it looks like a summer evening shot.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Looking at the cover close up I can tell you it's 100% a girlie. What you might not be able to see is that she's wearing overshoes, which is a bit odd as it looks like a summer evening shot.
Looks like the low winter sun to me, which is backed up by the overshoes, long-fingered gloves, long-sleeved top and tights!

Top Bottom