Cor! Cycling is becoming really trendy....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
Looks like the low winter sun to me, which is backed up by the overshoes, long-fingered gloves, long-sleeved top and tights!

That's what I thought too. Also, she's not grimy because it's a dry day and not sweaty because it's cold. Yes, it's a posed shot but it has a reasonably authentic look. I like it. It makes me want to be out there riding my bike with the wind in my hair.

d.

Alun

Guru
That's what I thought too. Also, she's not grimy because it's a dry day and not sweaty because it's cold. Yes, it's a posed shot but it has a reasonably authentic look. I like it. It makes me want to be out there riding my bike with the wind in my hair.

d.
Me too, I've got the bike and the wind. 2 out of 3 ain't bad. :whistle:

OP
OP
Globalti

Globalti

Legendary Member
Just been chatting with the owner of Green Jersey; his pal took the shot in November, the rider goes out with Clitheroe Bike Club, she's pretty fit.

All this exposure is great for cycling because there are thousands of people who own unsuitable or badly set up bikes and need to be helped into cycling as a sport by more experienced riders and clubs.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
I think I will get a t shirt made that states

"Wearing a helmet is a personal thing"

Every time a photo is shown where the rider is not wearing a helmet a comment is made about it, it is like a knee jerk reaction. We can see they are not wearing a helmet. They made the choice not to wear one. It is ok they can do that.

My other t shirt will read:

"My vis vest is in the wash"

You are right she should have been on a Ribble. Good publicity for the company.

^_^ Steve

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
It's pretty obvious she's a competent cyclist just from the positioning, general body-shape. As for lack of sweat, gearing, etc. - it's a photo shoot. She's probably ridden about a mile up and down the road, being told what to do, until the photographer's happy with his pics..

snorri

Legendary Member
The people who suggest the lack of sweat casts doubt on the authenticity of the photograph trouble me a little.:sad:

OP
OP
Globalti

Globalti

Legendary Member
You are right she should have been on a Ribble. Good publicity for the company.

^_^ Steve

Yebbut... would Ribble Cycles be a good place for a novice to buy a bike? NO!

Actually Green Jersey is a pretty cool cycle boutique owned by an experienced cyclist with an eye for what sells. Have a look next time you're in Clitheroe, the coffee is pretty good too, he's got a nice bean-to-cup machine. It would be a great shop for a novice, the budget Felts look really nice.

Ajay

Veteran
Maybe not, but a for a Ribble Valley magazine having 'Ribble' on the cover would make sense.
Ribble Cycles is on an industrial estate near Preston, I doubt your "average" RV reader would lower themselves to go there.
They're a very posh bunch over there you know, they even have a Tory MP :-)

(err oh yes, so do I)

Top Bottom