Cordless Tools

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 26715

You could, but it's a bit over-speced for that. Mainly used in CLT construction for screwing large wooden panels together.
Completely OT are you sure it's buggerlugs, I have always thought it was buggalugs, the previous as connotations that i'm not sure I want to get into.

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
Completely OT are you sure it's buggerlugs, I have always thought it was buggalugs, the previous as connotations that i'm not sure I want to get into.
Not sure, but my hearing is farked so I might be right

Adam4868

Guru
Pack of these,10 for about a fiver and a decent cordless drill for dry wall fixing.Unless it's a every day job,most don't need top of the range stuff.Saying that I've a mixing drill that I bought from Lidl or Aldi that I've had for at least five years,mixed all sorts of plaster and sand/cement and it's still going strong.I think it was less than 40 quid.Ive a screwfix cordless drill aswell that was about 40 quid bought in a emergency and found that good.

gbb

Legendary Member
Discussing cordless tools today at work ...
We gravitated toward Makita and once you start, it's obviously easier and cheaper to stick with one or the other. But , today we find ourselves with a broken cordless circular saw (DCS550 perhaps). Its not that old, it hasn't seen that much work but while it spun up ok, the blade wouldnt run well once you started cutting. It looks like the opinions inside have become damaged.
Now someone might have abused it, there are 10 of us...so perhaps it's a user issue rather than the product.
But over the last few months we have also replaced 2 drills and a 2x 4 inch disc cutters...all cordless Makita.
But then, I notice one of our older, still good Makita drills is brushed technology and a metal gearbox, the whole thing is sturdy and has lasted. I dont doubt both are readily available but there will be a hefty price difference.
We all agreed, based on this last year, Makita hasn't shone out for us.

D

Deleted member 26715

I'll be honest I'm not a fan, I had a cordless Makita drill & it didn't last as long as I expected & when replaced with the Screwfix brand Erbauer (or something like that) it was out performed as well

What you all using by the way of cordless tools for the DIY jobs....

my self I have a worx drill and impact driver, 2 batteries and charger
Makita cordless jigsaw....1 battery and charger

soon going to add the worx chainsaw, angle grinder and circular saw.
Discussing cordless tools today at work ...
We gravitated toward Makita and once you start, it's obviously easier and cheaper to stick with one or the other. But , today we find ourselves with a broken cordless circular saw (DCS550 perhaps). Its not that old, it hasn't seen that much work but while it spun up ok, the blade wouldnt run well once you started cutting. It looks like the opinions inside have become damaged.
Now someone might have abused it, there are 10 of us...so perhaps it's a user issue rather than the product.
But over the last few months we have also replaced 2 drills and a 2x 4 inch disc cutters...all cordless Makita.
But then, I notice one of our older, still good Makita drills is brushed technology and a metal gearbox, the whole thing is sturdy and has lasted. I dont doubt both are readily available but there will be a hefty price difference.
We all agreed, based on this last year, Makita hasn't shone out for us.
I always liked Makita and have a drill my dad used when he installed alarms. He retired 15 years ago, I still have it. Brilliant but doubt the new stuff is as good. 2019 Christmas I was bought a Worx cordless drill which came with 2 batteries. Its bloody brilliant and does everything I need it too. Seems good kit

Top Bottom