Cordless Tools

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tyred

Legendary Member
All my cordless tools still work perfectly.
l-stanley-craftsman-fuller-americanlisted_30246093.jpg

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
cordless screwdriver 1980s
1608801883914.png

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
I bought a Bosch cordless screwdriver just before Christmas as my daughter's present was a desk and shelves from IKEA. I looked at it as just part of the cost of the present because I know what flat-packed furniture can be like at the best of times.
My goodness I'm glad I got it, it took about 90 mins to assemble everything but with manual screwdrivers that could have taken 4 hours, and caused hand blisters, plus a bad back. Must have been 70 screws in that thing, some of them really long.

Screenshot_20201226-201402_Chrome.jpg

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
Been looking out for a brushless dewalt 18v circular saw but they would appear to be like hens teeth. Is there a new model due out ? The cheaper non brushless still available tho :rolleyes:.

D

Deleted member 26715

Our 36v Bosch SDS has just about died after 12 years I put new brushes in last year but I think there is a torque limiter on there somewhere so it keys cutting out. As the rest of our stuff is 18v Dewalt I'll replace it with one of theirs. We already have 6 batteries & 2 chargers

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
Got a 36v Hilti sds drill at work. Was bought for drilling concrete for anchor bolts ! Used for homers these days :rolleyes: . Was about £800 quid at the time ! Must be about 12yr old now .

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
Cordless drill for small things, cordless impact driver. The rest is corded because they are cheaper.
Well I have started to change my mind. I have recently been using 2 x corded sanders, a corded planer and dust extractor, plus of course my mitre saw and table saw are both corded. It's a real pain to be honest. The other day I had 3 of them out, tripped over one cord and my planer fell to the ground. Luckily didn't seem to damage it.

So I'm now thinking of getting a Milwaukee cordless Jigsaw with 1 x 5aH battery. Then whenever I feel I can afford it, I can slowly upgrade the rest of my tools to cordless and hopefully just share the same battery. Perhaps Makita are cheaper, but having watched a lot of "Project Farm" on Youtube, the Milwaukee stuff seems to come out on top quite often in terms of power output. It wil either be Milwaukee, Dewalt or Makita, will just have to do some research and see what affordable range of tools each brand does. It seems a good idea to have all the same battery that I can share around

Top Bottom