Cordless Tools

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Not if Hermes are doing the delivery.
DPD bloke used to put my packages in bin liners I left on my gate at the back of the place and lower them over it with a hooked stick and to one side out of sight.
A friend had a very different experience when he had a computer monitor left at the back of his house, with no card put through the door to let him know, he found it two days later while putting out his bins, it had rained.:whistle:

Colin Grigson

Bass guitarist - Bad News
Makita drill, grinder and jigsaw - all cordless and faultless :becool:

Started off with Elu and graduated to Hitachi and Milwaukee. Had an indestructable Hitachi drill which I have passed on to my son. Moved to Makita when they became the the first I think to sell seperates. So you only had to buy what you needed. Now have three drills and a multi tool along with about six batteries and one charger. All carried in a bag which is cheaper than the fancy boxs. Don't think the saws are good enough if you're using them constantly. Only ever burnt one out and that was drilling green oak, should have used my big electric drill.

gbb

Legendary Member
Modestly interesting story...
Fella at work went to B&Q to pick up a combo set he had ordered online, something like a drill, screwdriver, multi tool, maybe another tool, charger and a battery ot two...on a special offer and good value...and a good manufacture although I cant remember which.
When he got there, they apologised, they had no stock and no way they could get any more.
So he suggested they give him it all in individual units...and they obliged.

Of course he ended up with many more batteries and chargers than he needed, which he sold and made the deal even better than it already was.

What you all using by the way of cordless tools for the DIY jobs....

my self I have a worx drill and impact driver, 2 batteries and charger
Makita cordless jigsaw....1 battery and charger

soon going to add the worx chainsaw, angle grinder and circular saw.
Bosch drill, impact and circular saw.
Oregon chainsaw 2 batteries (not really up to it) would never ever buy but they do the job for fallen branches and fallen saplings. As i normally fetch in pannier bags or bike trailer. So two batteries do 2-3 loads. Junk compared to petrol and not a lot lighter. Oregon polesaw, minimal usage but excellent when used, really like it.
Would not consider angle grinder based on circular saw battery life. Would say near enough useless. Circular saw okay.
Note angle grinder used on concrete posts, concrete gravel boards and slabs. A battery probably wouldn't get me through one post.

Modestly interesting story...
Fella at work went to B&Q to pick up a combo set he had ordered online, something like a drill, screwdriver, multi tool, maybe another tool, charger and a battery ot two...on a special offer and good value...and a good manufacture although I cant remember which.
When he got there, they apologised, they had no stock and no way they could get any more.
So he suggested they give him it all in individual units...and they obliged.

Of course he ended up with many more batteries and chargers than he needed, which he sold and made the deal even better than it already was.
Something similar with me. Bought combo of Bosch drills. Deal was extra battery from the builders merchant and 4th from Bosch if you register your drills with them. I must have accidentally registered more than once as I got loads and loads of batteries. Had to sell them on ebay to make room in the garage!

Top Bottom