Corn on the Cob

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Tetedelacourse

Tetedelacourse

Ha ha! I can't decide whether Keith is more likely to find himself in Arch's or Uncle Mort's possible emergency situation.

Of course, with my propensity to consume the stuff, I couldn't bring myself to use it in either way. :laugh:

Arch

Married to Night Train
Tetedelacourse said:
Ha ha! I can't decide whether Keith is more likely to find himself in Arch's or Uncle Mort's possible emergency situation.

Of course, with my propensity to consume the stuff, I couldn't bring myself to use it in either way. :biggrin:

If you lob the tin at a burglar, it should still be intact afterwards, so you can still use it. I suggest a batch of celebratory "I busted a baddie" corn fritters with some sort of dipping sauce...:laugh:

OP
OP
Tetedelacourse

Tetedelacourse

Too risky. There's a high probability that the perp suddenly zips round, catches it and then recommences his getaway. In that scenario, not only have I been burgled, I've thrown one of my favourite foods to him as he leaves with his plunder.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Tetedelacourse said:
Too risky. There's a high probability that the perp suddenly zips round, catches it and then recommences his getaway. In that scenario, not only have I been burgled, I've thrown one of my favourite foods to him as he leaves with his plunder.

I hadn't thought of that. I was assuming the felon would be in too much of a hurry to get away to turn back.

Perhaps lob the tin, but tie a long string to it first, so you can yank it back out of his hands?

Arch

Married to Night Train
Uncle Mort said:
String's good in principle, but it's very difficult to get a good hold for the string on the can. If it's a ring-pull top you can tie round that, but 9 times out of 10 the top comes off when you throw it. Ineffective and messy to boot.

How about pre-fitting all tins with a grippy rubber strap round them, with a loop or metal ring to attach the string to?

i used to use a lot of tinned sweetcorn as a youngster, when fishing, it was always a mistake taking bread too, however, as it would end up as sweetcorn sarnies!!!!

but then again, at least we'd go home sooner....

Top Bottom