Votes: 57 21.2%
  • I've been quaranteened

Votes: 19 7.1%
  • I personally know someone who has been diagnosed

Votes: 71 26.4%
  • Clear as far as I know

Votes: 150 55.8%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Milzy

Guru
Over 30 residents dead in a care home not far from me. They want more people in to get revenue. I know a care worker from there. I'm surprised it's not been on the news yet.

gavgav

Guru
Feeling a bit 'down' generally. Been very tired. Need to pop out on the bike, or may just go for a walk. I'm just seeing so much 'stupidity' with social distancing, you do think, fark it. We've been doing the staying away from people - I saw my parents for the first time last week - I was in my front garden and they were on the pavement - just handing over a birthday card - I miss going for a beer with my dad.

Not happy we can't go to our caravan, that's dragging on, and we'd be still isolated from anyone - it's not looking likely any time soon as the Welsh Government has dug it's heals in, and TBH, the Welsh are openly racist to the English as it is.- ohh, let's all riot. :whistle: I can't see the 'locals' wanting us back - I think we'll let some other unfortunate English try getting to their van's first when we are allowed to.

Looks like most of the bike parks are going to go bust at this rate - they can't socially distance on the 'up lift' services. Won't affect me as I prefer natural trails and trail centres, but for the Gravity demons, the downhill venues aren't going to survive.
I’m hopeful, as static caravan owners, that we may be allowed back into Wales, at some stage in July. I can’t see them allowing letting of site vans and restaurants, etc, won’t be open, but just to be able to stay somewhere other than home and to walk on the beach will be so nice. Keeping fingers crossed.

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
It's nice hearing about the impact of support bubbles last night/today.

Heard from one person who is over the moon, although it seems a bit borderline whether their bubble is within the rules (spirit wise it is). Heard from two other acquaintances, one who is angry and upset and it's triggered off a lot of negative feelings about not having anyone to form a bubble with. Another is not really that happy for the same reasons using slightly more restrained language on social media.

Unkraut

Master of the Inane Comment
Have just heard my cycling holiday with a load of Brits in Alsace in France has been cancelled. Disappointed but not surprised. It'll still be there next year. The most important thing is to keep the infection rate down, and a campsite with people from several European countries might not have been a good idea at present.

Would have been in August which doesn't leave enough time to be sure of how things will develop between now and then. Travelling both out of and back into Britain seems to be problematic.

The worse thing is the last tour, the longest, was a chance to cross over the border into Germany. I've always wanted to do that ...

winjim

Smash the cistern
Antibody tests are go, and I've tested negative. We're all in proper surgical masks from today having previously been wearing type 1 cheapos. I don't know if this applies to working in the office as well as the lab, but considering that I'm married to the person at the next desk, I can't see that there would be much point.

pawl

Legendary Member
It's nice hearing about the impact of support bubbles last night/today.

Heard from one person who is over the moon, although it seems a bit borderline whether their bubble is within the rules (spirit wise it is). Heard from two other acquaintances, one who is angry and upset and it's triggered off a lot of negative feelings about not having anyone to form a bubble with. Another is not really that happy for the same reasons using slightly more restrained language on social media.

Have just seen the mobs massing outside shops more of a hot air ballon than a bubble.It doesn’t surprise me that people are questioning the construction of the so called bubbles.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Wouldn't mind getting a reliable anti-body test, as what I had late December was 'unusual' - we have an office in Wuhan, and another colleague near me has auto-immune issues, and she was right poorly over Christmas and new year.

How on earth are the Wales travel rules going to work?? It seems really contradictory. From the BBC:

"Wales' coronavirus travel restrictions could be lifted from 6 July so people can "travel as far as they like for all purposes," First Minister Mark Drakeford has said.
Travel into and around Wales will be possible from that date, as long as coronavirus is still under control.
But rules that require people to stay in their local area, within five miles as a guide, will stay for now."

eh???

Mike_P

Guru
How on earth are the Wales travel rules going to work?? It seems really contradictory. From the BBC:

"Wales' coronavirus travel restrictions could be lifted from 6 July so people can "travel as far as they like for all purposes," First Minister Mark Drakeford has said.
Travel into and around Wales will be possible from that date, as long as coronavirus is still under control.
But rules that require people to stay in their local area, within five miles as a guide, will stay for now."

eh???
Seems clear enought to me, the 5 mile limit applies for now but possibly from July 6 no limit.

That's a bizarre bit of reporting then; I think it's totally unclear! Still, it apparently works for at least 2 forum readers :smile:
(actually there was a Welsh MP on the radio earlier who saw it the same way as me. And she was Welsh. So that's an international view :P )

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner

eh???

The latter rule you have linked to (well BBC reporting of it) clearly refers to two households meeting . Not meeting another household, no distance limit.

Top Bottom