Votes: 57 21.2%
  • I've been quaranteened

Votes: 19 7.1%
  • I personally know someone who has been diagnosed

Votes: 71 26.4%
  • Clear as far as I know

Votes: 150 55.8%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Oxford - ChAdOx1 nCoV19 trial

Do you know which stage of the trial you are getting involved with?

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
Not that it's the most important thing in the world, but interesting to me at least.

Gyms can't open up 4th July, but my small(ish) gym has taken the decision to completely get rid of groups. So it will be personal trainers with 1s and 2s and that's it. No gym classes at all, layout downstairs changed. Although it sounds like the martial arts/classes side will remain (however that works???? especially as they generally have closer physical contact WTF???).

I can't see how that'd end up viable for leasing out to personal trainers, I reckon it'll close.

PT sounded like they were happy to be out of the rat race and travel, but they didn't actually say that.

Work is now largely back to normal after a bit if a scare involving clients in a residential home; one of the clients tested positive and the home went into immediate quarantine for two weeks. Now all are declared healthy and we just have to keep people 2m apart as much as is practical and in theory keep people wearing masks but that isn't always working as some of the clients don't understand why...

winjim

Smash the cistern
Right, I've had my vaccine, whatever it is. They took some more blood for antibody testing and genetics, and I got an unexpected extra swab up my nose, something to do with monitoring my mucus. They gave me my own little thermometer and a set of swabs for weekly PCR testing. Back in a month's time for more antibody tests and that's it for now. Unless I get ill in which case I've got a special number to ring because for some reason they think that it might be important for them to know.

Oh, and they gave me a sheet warning me not to say too much about it on social media...

DaveReading

Don't suffer fools gladly (must try harder!)
Oh, and they gave me a sheet warning me not to say too much about it on social media...

That struck me as rather an unkind thing to say, until I realised that you really did mean "sheet". :rolleyes:

marinyork

I don't know what's come over my clinically extremely vulnerable parent but they've suddenly had a clock go off in their head saying it's July and started going out of the house, planning for a model railway exhibition visit, popping into places and won't have a bit of it about waiting till August.

The other parent who is also supposed to stay in is fine, but has decided they may want to go to a restaurant and a church service, although I think these are weeks away. They seem to have been told something about church services and no singing which they don't understand.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I don't know what's come over my clinically extremely vulnerable parent but they've suddenly had a clock go off in their head saying it's July and started going out of the house, planning for a model railway exhibition visit, popping into places and won't have a bit of it about waiting till August.

The other parent who is also supposed to stay in is fine, but has decided they may want to go to a restaurant and a church service, although I think these are weeks away. They seem to have been told something about church services and no singing which they don't understand.

:wacko: oh dear !

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Our MIL is in fine fettle in the Nursing Home. Keeps asking for us to drop some Brandy minitures off. Not so easy as the last time I found her some was a bit of treasure hunt, finlly finding some in a local wine merchants.

vickster

Legendary Member
Our MIL is in fine fettle in the Nursing Home. Keeps asking for us to drop some Brandy minitures off. Not so easy as the last time I found her some was a bit of treasure hunt, finlly finding some in a local wine merchants.
Corner shops can be a good source of miniatures :okay: (having bought brandy to flame the Xmas pud)

marinyork

:wacko: oh dear !

It's the 4th today. It wasn't even the 4th, it was pretty much 1st July.

Oh yeah they want a plumber for a minor job even though I said do you not want to leave that till August.

The restaurant one I did make some progress on as I explained it's probably not going to be the same experience, that although that one's quite interesting from physical distancing as it would be able to play around with space it's badly ventilated so in my books evens the risk back up. I have just checked and damn the thing is open today (with reduced hours), but I've not told them that yet.

One place I researched for some other people that I may attend a couple of months from now only lets people in who book who are in the same strict social bubble which means none of that. One of the favourite pubs has closed for good.

If I could only get them doing walks!

Top Bottom