Votes: 57 21.2%
  • I've been quaranteened

Votes: 19 7.1%
  • I personally know someone who has been diagnosed

Votes: 71 26.4%
  • Clear as far as I know

Votes: 150 55.8%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

stowie

Legendary Member
Daughter off school with cold (hopefully ! ) Don't come back until you've got a negative test.Same for my partner who teaches.Ring up for test as no home kits available.So were off to Blackburn this afternoon for us all to get tested.Nearest we could get.
Meanwhile more worryingly is my Dad 83 is really not well with a temp,loss of appetite,lethargy..no test available here in Blackpool.Not really well enough to get him there.
I seriously can't believe after all this time,the testing procedure is so sh1t !

My daughter had the same - she had to get a COVID test before being re-admitted. Negative for her and the results came back quickly - next day about midday or so.

Not sure how widespread this is, but several people I know booked up the "nearest" test centre on the web site (one was Aberdeen for London) but simply went to the local test centre a mile or two away and used the QR code with no questions asked. Apparently the QR code will be accepted for any test location. Again, I wouldn't swear this will work, but it might help in the case of your Dad where distance is an issue. Hope he gets well soon.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
I don't know if it's true, but someone on another site, said you could book a test 'anywhere' but turn up at your local testing station. It's the actual booking of your test somewhere that needs to be done.

It was in the paper about a week ago and Aberdeen mentioned

Adam4868

Guru
My daughter had the same - she had to get a COVID test before being re-admitted. Negative for her and the results came back quickly - next day about midday or so.

Not sure how widespread this is, but several people I know booked up the "nearest" test centre on the web site (one was Aberdeen for London) but simply went to the local test centre a mile or two away and used the QR code with no questions asked. Apparently the QR code will be accepted for any test location. Again, I wouldn't swear this will work, but it might help in the case of your Dad where distance is an issue. Hope he gets well soon.
Thanks we went yesterday Myself,partner and two kids.So waiting on results.Only a hour away so no too much of a hardship.
My dad i rang the emergency no for,ambulance came right away and he's in hospital now.He has Covid but doing ok as far as I can gather,oxygen levels were low and one of his lungs wasn't right.He seems to be ok in himself and phones me regularly so I'm being positive he'll get over it.

Numbers shooting up here and a big part of this are the students, over 100 positive here in Lothian and many more in Glasgow. I’m feeling thoroughly vindicated in my decision to defer my membership of my university-attached gym.
Hoping the authorities are successful in confining students to their halls so they don’t infect the wider community.

Reactions: C R

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
It's very high density housing.

The authorities need to be more proactive. Around the world whether it be America or Australia time again they leave people to it and moan when these large outbreaks happen and the help comes a week after it's all over the news.

Members of sage and independent sage have said about diverting testing capacity to unis. By December the government are once again claiming large increases in capacity. On the other thread people were saying about students going home for christmas. During the restrictions in march to may many students at my uni breached rules and went home, often enabled by parents. It's not a realistic plan saying no, there needs to be more thought for this time round.

I've not joined a gym either. Can't see the point of ramping up the emotions and using language like 'vindicated' though.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
I've not joined a gym either. Can't see the point of ramping up the emotions and using language like 'vindicated' though.

Son no. 2's using the local council leisure centre gym, partly because he's 16 (he went to their 'teen gym' for 13-15 y.o.'s) and also because it's being kept very clean with strict monitoring.

Adam4868

Guru
Got results back today which shows myself,partner and kids all negative.Just as daughters school has someone testing positive so all year sent home.
Dad still in the hospital here,rings me up on a regular basis with orders which is a good sign.His breathing is bad enough,but he's in good spirits.Touch wood he'll be fine and pull through it !
Blackpool is going back into lockdown of some sort I've just read.Infections are rising.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Bank into 'no other household rules' like rest of GM. Bah. Good job we fixed up a friends garden the other week. Looks like the nursing home visits will be off again. :sad:

tyred

Legendary Member
Curious as to how those restrictions, South of the Border differ to those North of it.
I think the government are just window dressing. We aren't supposed to leave the county but people from NI are free to come here. Pubs are still open, just with more restrictions. They reduced the numbers allowed at funerals and things. I'd like to think I'm wrong but I can't see this making a huge amount of difference. It will need at least two weeks to really see. I can't help thinking if people were actually adhering to the current guidelines numbers would not have increased at such a rate.

classic33

Leg End Member
I think the government are just window dressing. We aren't supposed to leave the county but people from NI are free to come here. Pubs are still open, just with more restrictions. They reduced the numbers allowed at funerals and things. I'd like to think I'm wrong but I can't see this making a huge amount of difference. It will need at least two weeks to really see. I can't help thinking if people were actually adhering to the current guidelines numbers would not have increased at such a rate.
Seem to be much the same this time round then.

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
Or maybe it was part of a plan ? Do you honestly think they had no idea this was going to be the outcome? I think this was the plan all along for students in halls. Quarantine the lot of them once they got an out break. Keep them there rather than mixing with families and other households .

Top Bottom