Votes: 57 21.2%
  • I've been quaranteened

Votes: 19 7.1%
  • I personally know someone who has been diagnosed

Votes: 71 26.4%
  • Clear as far as I know

Votes: 150 55.8%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Bog roll and kitchen towel flying off the shelves once again! And i bet they haven't used up the last hoarded amount yet!:thumbsdown:
1600767468461.png

roubaixtuesday

self serving virtue signaller
Bog roll and kitchen towel flying off the shelves once again! And i bet they haven't used up the last hoarded amount yet!:thumbsdown:
View attachment 548524

Other than noting that these [redacted] [redacted] are [redacted] and should [redacted], its probably also worth noting that posting such only increases the overall sense of panic and makes it more likely that other [redacted] [redacted] will follow suit.

Anyway.

Up With Good Old British Common Sense!

The Blitz Spirit (TM) will get us through this!

And these are the "Caring and responsible younger generation" who are going to make the world a better place than us old duffers have managed.

"Meet the new boss, same as the old boss"

Think the youngsters are an easy target - lets not forget Partying, going out, catching the odd snog (and maybe more !) - is the default lifestyle for a lot youngsters.

We don't hear anything about the OAP with her mask round her chin - who feels the need to tell every cashier about her grankids, and her pet poodle.

vickster

Legendary Member
Think the youngsters are an easy target - lets not forget Partying, going out, catching the odd snog (and maybe more !) - is the default lifestyle for a lot youngsters.

We don't hear anything about the OAP with her mask round her chin - who feels the need to tell every cashier about her grankids, and her pet poodle.
Except aren't the infection stats showing that levels are highest amongst the under 30s? Most cashiers are standing behind screens in shops and won't be a less than a metre away in most instances

Reactions: C R

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Other than noting that these [redacted] [redacted] are [redacted] and should [redacted], its probably also worth noting that posting such only increases the overall sense of panic and makes it more likely that other [redacted] [redacted] will follow suit.

Anyway.

Up With Good Old British Common Sense!

The Blitz Spirit (TM) will get us through this!

"C'mon folks,let's get to Tesco asap,as i've just seen a picture of fellow sheep buying up all the bog roll again,so we must follow suite!! Hey Dolly.....don't forget your mask(muzzle) this time"!! 🐑

1600768508998.png

Except aren't the infection stats showing that levels are highest amongst the under 30s? Most cashiers are standing behind screens in shops and won't be a less than a metre away in most instances

Undoubtedly yes - but IMO the young are being hit hardest in terms of impact. They can't do what they usually enjoy doing - reports have shown they are the ones most likely to lose jobs etc.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Did i hear right,that pubs and restaurants will be forced to close at 10pm for 6 long months?!🤔

OP
OP
Smokin Joe

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member

We do hear plenty about the older generation - how we've destroyed the planet, bankrupted the country, made house prices unaffordable etc etc. But the whining younger generation are just the same, they act in their own best interests taking advantage of the situation at the time - just as ever generation before have done, and all those that follow will too.

We do hear plenty about the older generation - how we've destroyed the planet, bankrupted the country, made house prices unaffordable etc etc. But the whining younger generation are just the same, they act in their own best interests taking advantage of the situation at the time - just as ever generation before have done, and all those that follow will too.

Agreed.
But bashing OAP'S seems very taboo.
Ive got 2 sons in there 20's - I fear for them trying to make there way in a world where no one gives an inch. But I guess my parents thought the same about me Job hunting in 1980 !

No :dry:

At 10pm each day!

I'm guessing a lot of police time is being taken up by pubs/clubs after 10pm which is likely to be deployed at stopping late-night gatherings?

I genuinely think the idea is that the pubs are more or less empty - without giving a closure order.
Expecting social distancing to be adhered to in pubs was always doomed to fail IMO.

roubaixtuesday

self serving virtue signaller
the whining younger generation

<rant>

In my experience it's the older generation doing the whinging.

Whereas given the unprecedented transfer of wealth to the older generation from youth over the last couple of decades, they should be damn grateful the younger generation aren't rioting, let alone whinging.

And then there's Brexit, voted for by the retired oldies smug in their prejudice and triple lock pensions, inflicted on working youth who have to pay for the debacle.

</rant>

[of course intergenerational conflict isn't going to solve anything, but whinging about the younger generation really does get my goat]

Just goes to show the generalised crap that is said both about the younger generations and the older generations.

The blame for everything lies with people, stupid old people, stupid middle-aged people, and stupid young people. Usually the other ones.

Top Bottom