Votes: 57 21.2%
  • I've been quaranteened

Votes: 19 7.1%
  • I personally know someone who has been diagnosed

Votes: 71 26.4%
  • Clear as far as I know

Votes: 150 55.8%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

stephec

Legendary Member
You need an option for "I or someone close had the symptoms but NHS 111 said didn't need testing"

Wife has had the symptoms but due to no link to China, Italy etc. advice was just to get better and carry on as normal. May or may not have been exposed to Covid-19. I do not know.
That'll be me.

On 19th and 20th Feb I was working with some Italians who were all stopped and sent home as they were from an infected region, on the 28th I start with flu and dial 111. After explaining this I was told I wouldn't be tested unless one of the Italians was a confirmed case, and I wasn't advised to self isolate.

My own doctor said she can't authorise a test so treat it as normal flu, finally today after two weeks I've managed to walk around for more than a minute without feeling light headed.

And the worst thing, I've not had any beer or an espresso for almost a fortnight. 😕

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
There is plenty you can practically do to reduce your risk, it's never a case of "if I get it I get it"
Wear gloves at all times, this reduces the likelihood of you touching your face with your hands
Maintain minimum distances from customers and colleagues
At the moment you take off your gloves, wash/sanitize your hands. Difficult to remove gloves without passing any virus onto your hands
it's always a case of if I get it I get it. Reduced risk is not an eliminated risk.

what would that minimum distance be then? I've heard it's a meter... which is impossible in my workplace.

Last edited:

steverob

Guru
Quite a few of the worldwide offices of the company I work for have been shut down and employees are working from home, but not in the London office yet. We are however being asked to take our laptops home and do one day next week just to test whether it would be possible for us to do our job from home or not (both in terms of testing the IT side of things and actually checking what parts of our jobs are feasible to do when not in an office environment).

Considering this place has always been notoriously strict on things like working from home and flexible working, this is a major departure for them. I think then management's major fear is that after all this blows over, assuming it goes okay, that staff will quite like the idea of working from home and push much more for it and they'll no longer be able to get the cat back in the bag!

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
I don't know. But Aldi in Glossop have a minimum distance between staff policy now
What about their customers?

How can we possibly maintain a minimum distance working in an environment like this?

supermarket_1525685c1.jpg

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
People never cease to amaze me with their stupidity by panic buying. There is no need whatsoever to panic buy as there is no shortage of food or food deliveries but by behaving the way those idiots do, they are creating a shortage with all its consequences and also forcing other people to follow their selfish attitude. Do we really live in a world of " look after number one first" ? It certainly looks like it. The human race disgusts me really.

winjim

Smash the cistern
People never cease to amaze me with their stupidity by panic buying. There is no need whatsoever to panic buy as there is no shortage of food or food deliveries but by behaving the way those idiots do, they are creating a shortage with all its consequences and also forcing other people to follow their selfish attitude. Do we really live in a world of " look after number one first" ? It certainly looks like it. The human race disgusts me really.
You know you need to stock up before the supply chains go down, right? And before you're unable to leave the house.

Anyway, we have a breadmaker and a shoot-ton of flour, so we're ok...

Top Bottom