Votes: 57 21.2%
  • I've been quaranteened

Votes: 19 7.1%
  • I personally know someone who has been diagnosed

Votes: 71 26.4%
  • Clear as far as I know

Votes: 150 55.8%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
Had my first dose of vaccine on Saturday. I'm the last adult in my immediate circle of family and friends to get it. Took ages to actually get seen - I think everybody eligible in the area had tried to book the same early time slot.:laugh:

Effects weren't too bad and didn't stop me from mowing lawns and helping to refelt a shed on Sunday.

Last edited:

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
The relief at getting a haircut this morning, 4 months late.

Had mine chopped third day of opening up by the local east european folk. A massive relief, even if I have felt somewhat cold on top since. Am still aclimatising.

What's the matter with you lot? I must have had at least 20 haircuts over the past year.
The lockdown has made no difference, just as it hasn't made much difference to most other things I do, having a beer inside my local 'spoons excepted.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
anyone taken advantage of the free asymptomatic self-test things?
Keep meaning to pop down to the local Boots which I think has them.

Nope, what's the point, got my first jab, feel fit as a fiddle and not going near anyone. MrsF has to take two a week if she want's to see her mum in person (car home), and daughter one a week in college.

fossyant

What's the matter with you lot? I must have had at least 20 haircuts over the past year.
The lockdown has made no difference, just as it hasn't made much difference to most other things I do, having a beer inside my local 'spoons excepted.

Unless you cut your own (like I do) then you couldn't get a cut legally at a barbers/hair dresser recently. The shaver on 12/18mm does me fine.

who's been cutting it?
(hasn't been an issue for a year of course - just last few months)

Nope, what's the point, got my first jab, feel fit as a fiddle and not going near anyone. MrsF has to take two a week if she want's to see her mum in person (car home), and daughter one a week in college.
i need to in preparation for seeing my mum sometime soon - not in a care home. If anyone has a good link on the recommended way to test/how to use the results/how often to repeat etc I would be interested.

Reactions: C R

fossyant

i need to in preparation for seeing my mum sometime soon - not in a care home. If anyone has a good link on the recommended way to test/how to use the results/how often to repeat etc I would be interested.

Can you just not get them from the pharmacy/docs. My BIL was just picking up a prescription, and got a test kit shoved in his face - he's been going no-where !

Can you just not get them from the pharmacy/docs. My BIL was just picking up a prescription, and got a test kit shoved in his face - he's been going no-where !
yes - see above - can wander down the road to get some from my local boots - will google/search NHS site for advice.

C R

Guru
My wife and I have been self testing at the same time as the children. Picked the tests up from the local test centre.

Top Bottom