Votes: 57 21.2%
  • I've been quaranteened

Votes: 19 7.1%
  • I personally know someone who has been diagnosed

Votes: 71 26.4%
  • Clear as far as I know

Votes: 150 55.8%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Nigeyy

Legendary Member
Well I think my sister and her husband have it. They had all the classic symptoms for a couple of days but are now feeling better. They are self isolating. I didn't change my poll response as it's not confirmed.

I'm in self isolation as well with the wife and kids. My son has cystic fibrosis and has had heart problems. I just don't know how I'm going to keep him from this. One day at a time though.

Julia9054

Guru
Being a bit 'OCD' about germs and bacteria long before all this C19 stuff,my 'OCD' has surprisingly calmed down,not got worse, now that everybody else is wiping this and that down with anti-bac stuff. I've been thinking that maybe the body taking in more germs will help you avoid C19. I read this online......

'Hope this isn’t too convoluted.

Your cells have receptor/s that a virus binds to, provided that the virus has a complementary receptor. Think of a jigsaw puzzle, if you have the complementary receptor, the virus will bind to the cell. The virus uses the cell to reproduce. If two different viruses try to replicate in the same cell at the same time, replication is slowed down'.

Maybe we should be eating our meals off bog seats and licking lamp posts that dogs have pissed on to avoid catching C19?:scratch:
Except that different viruses target different types of cells in the body. Viruses that cause diarrhoea etc will not attach to cells in the respiratory system

winjim

Smash the cistern
OK, stop farking about. I have family members with the virus. They are in the ICU and one particularly is lucky to be alive after her O2 sat dropped precipitously.

TAKE THIS SERIOUSLY.

Anybody carrying on their lives, going out as normal needs to take a good long look at themselves and grow up. What you are doing is stupid, selfish and dangerous. I think my relatives are probably lucky because they got ill before the disease peaked and the ICUs got overwhelmed, which IS GOING TO HAPPEN. This is not business as usual, not stiff upper lip, not blitz spirit or any other little Englander soundbite BS. We all need to make major lifestyle changes and MAKE THEM NOW. Slow this thing down, flatten the curve* and give the health service a sliver of a chance to be able to cope with this thing.

TAKE THIS SERIOUSLY

*yes I'm aware that this is a soundbite

Correction: one is in ICU, one is at home.

Last edited:

gbb

Legendary Member
We have loads of clowns coming into work unwell. People won't get full sick pay so they will spread it all over. That's why maybe the full lock down method could be wiser.
It's an Impossible scenario unless your employer is right behind the need to be sensible.
My outfit currently has 300 to 500 agency workers every day at peaks, the place is packed with people, bad enough as it is. But then 99% of those people are immigrant (43 nationalities at the last count) and will probably come in to work come hell or high water.
We are told, if you suspect someone is unwell, report it...but with that amount of people, it's an impossible scenario again.
Then its food production and flowers packing(30% of the business right now is food) so the food workers would probably be classed as key workers...its a busy environment so transmission of any virus isnt hard anyway.
Rock and a hard place springs to mind.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Been in bed since early evening with high fever and sweats, lots of sweats. Slightly achey, no sore throat or cough. Paracetamol worked well. Not too bad this morning.
I’m not sure it’s CV19, other bugs are still available, but we’re carrying-on as if it is. I may be spending more time in my shed....:becool:

Rocky

Hello decadence
Been in bed since early evening with high fever and sweats, lots of sweats. Slightly achey, no sore throat or cough. Paracetamol worked well. Not too bad this morning.
I’m not sure it’s CV19, other bugs are still available, but we’re carrying-on as if it is. I may be spending more time in my shed....:becool:
I’ve had exactly the same symptoms - feeling slightly better today apart from brain freeze. GWS Fabbers

perplexed

Guru
With your full size Donald poster?

We need a 'puking' like button.

postman

Legendary Member
I didn't know that Postie. Probably because you haven't mentioned it before on CC,but you know what i mean.:okay: Can i ask,have you had the eye removed or is the eye still there but it's 'blind'?

I was born with a squint,or as it was known in the 1950 a lazy eye.I had the old wire framed Nhs specs i hated them,but now on e bay i would get a fortune for them.Thanks to John Lennon.So to try and pull it back inline they put sticky tape over the good eye.Shame was the vision i have looks like a Picasso painting .So an eye op to straighten it,years later another cos the muscle weakens and now it's going back outside again ' i can cry over my left shoulder' but there is no more muscle left so it might go completely in years to come,so i wear dark lenses like sun glasses.Never had proper sight in it.

postman

Legendary Member

:hugs:sort of manly hugs from here.Non contagious ,hope it's not the virus that shall not be mentioned.

benb

Evidence based cyclist
OK, stop farking about. I have family members with the virus. They are in the ICU and one particularly is lucky to be alive after her O2 sat dropped precipitously.

TAKE THIS SERIOUSLY.

Anybody carrying on their lives, going out as normal needs to take a good long look at themselves and grow up. What you are doing is stupid, selfish and dangerous. I think my relatives are probably lucky because they got ill before the disease peaked and the ICUs got overwhelmed, which IS GOING TO HAPPEN. This is not business as usual, not stiff upper lip, not blitz spirit or any other little Englander soundbite BS. We all need to make major lifestyle changes and MAKE THEM NOW. Slow this thing down, flatten the curve* and give the health service a sliver of a chance to be able to cope with this thing.

TAKE THIS SERIOUSLY

*yes I'm aware that this is a soundbite

Correction: one is in ICU, one is at home.

This, absolutely.

Whilst it is the case that the majority of people will only get fairly mild symptoms, the really important thing right now is to slow it down.
If we don't, the hospitals will be absolutely overwhelmed when the cases outstrip their ICU capacity. We've seen this in Italy, where people are dying simply because the hospitals are over capacity.

So stop being dangerous selfish self-gratification artists.
Stay at home if you possibly can. Wash your hands. A lot.
We desperately need to disrupt the infection pathways to buy the NHS enough time.

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
This, absolutely.

Whilst it is the case that the majority of people will only get fairly mild symptoms, the really important thing right now is to slow it down.
If we don't, the hospitals will be absolutely overwhelmed when the cases outstrip their ICU capacity. We've seen this in Italy, where people are dying simply because the hospitals are over capacity.

So stop being dangerous selfish self-gratification artists.
Stay at home if you possibly can. Wash your hands. A lot.
We desperately need to disrupt the infection pathways to buy the NHS enough time.
Just had a delivery, driver was standing well away and I congratulated him on social distancing, "Oh, I'm not bothered about it mate, just some people are getting funny"
Had another delivery, "Thing is I had a cough before Christmas, load of people did so I think I've already had it", rep that was stood there "Yeah, I had that too and thought the same", me, trying not to facepalm cos we're not allowed to.

Top Bottom