Votes: 57 21.2%
  • I've been quaranteened

Votes: 19 7.1%
  • I personally know someone who has been diagnosed

Votes: 71 26.4%
  • Clear as far as I know

Votes: 150 55.8%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

benb

Evidence based cyclist
Absolute cretins.
"Well, it'll probably be mild for me, so I don't need to worry or change my behaviour"

The blitz spirit is all well and good when the enemy are terrorists or similar. By all means, in that situation, go to the pub to demonstrate you will not be cowed.

But if you do it now, the enemy could follow you home and kill your nan.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Just had a delivery, driver was standing well away and I congratulated him on social distancing, "Oh, I'm not bothered about it mate, just some people are getting funny"
Had another delivery, "Thing is I had a cough before Christmas, load of people did so I think I've already had it", rep that was stood there "Yeah, I had that too and thought the same", me, trying not to facepalm cos we're not allowed to.

Just out of interest, what does your shop sell, Muggers?

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
Patch are the local food bank charity.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Kitchens, bathrooms, tiles. I suspect I'm not on the key worker list.

Probably not, although as observed lots of workers are.

The last similar list I recall is one for a fuel crisis in the early 2000s.

I also recall thinking at the time that with a bit of interpretation you could say nearly every job type was on it.

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
The Prof says she’s not coming anywhere near me.......so what’s new?
You having to stay in the East wing or at the summer residence?

perplexed

Guru
Dunno, hard surfaces are easy to disinfect so maybe we all need to tile our living areas. Could be boom time.

Bit of a tangent, but we're a fan of hard flooring. I stripped all the wooden floors in our house and kept the bare wood. The bathroom is tiled. The only carpet we have is on the stairs and landing, bar a rug where the settee is.

It's great for cleaning...

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
Dunno, hard surfaces are easy to disinfect so maybe we all need to tile our living areas. Could be boom time.
Bit of a tangent, but we're a fan of hard flooring. I stripped all the wooden floors in our house and kept the bare wood. The bathroom is tiled. The only carpet we have is on the stairs and landing, bar a rug where the settee is.

It's great for cleaning...
Everybody should tile all surfaces Corona or not, and they should all buy their tiles from me, you know it makes sense.

perplexed

Guru
As I'm sure many are aware, hard (tiled) floors are so much more prevalent across mainland Europe than in the UK. I think they're generally a good idea (I appreciate there's an argument that the UK is a bit colder, but tiles are still common in areas of Europe which have lots of snow) because they're so hard wearing and easy to clean.

Daft though it may seem, when Mrs P and I are looking out for self-catering cottages in France/wherever, it's one of the things we look for. Ditto 'transit' hotels. God knows what's lurking in carpets, even the ones which are well cleaned. It's a selling point for us.

Top Bottom