Votes: 57 21.2%
  • I've been quaranteened

Votes: 19 7.1%
  • I personally know someone who has been diagnosed

Votes: 71 26.4%
  • Clear as far as I know

Votes: 150 55.8%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

icowden

Veteran
There's some awful corvid humour out there on social media. Plus many are going to be in financial ruin. I fail to see the funny side of all this.

That's because you are not grasping that when life puts you in a difficult situation humour is very important as a coping mechanism. Hence the term "gallows humour". Most people like to keep their spirits up rather than sitting gibbering incoherently in a corner.

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
People are putting up material joking about the C-19 but when I had a conspiracy theory I was flamed with the post removed.
It's disgusting and disrespectful to all the families involved. Different rules for different people.

Are you getting insufficient attention at home or something?

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Just been to the local supermarket to get flowers for MIL (she's in a Nursing Home). My word, the place was gutted. Picked up a couple of tins of cat food (won't go far with 5). On the funny side, the loo roll aisle was full of mother's day flowers ! :laugh:

postman

Legendary Member
I Drago is self isolating what is his butler doing.Don't tell me he has laid him off.

perplexed

Guru
Just been to the local supermarket to get flowers for MIL (she's in a Nursing Home). My word, the place was gutted. Picked up a couple of tins of cat food (won't go far with 5). On the funny side, the loo roll aisle was full of mother's day flowers ! :laugh:

I've popped into Morrison's this afternoon, and one upside of the acres of empty shelves in certain aisles was that the cleaners were really going for it, because they could actually get to them.

Milzy

Guru
FB_IMG_1584731950984.jpg

Anybody got any strange chest sensations yet?

Lilliburlero

Pro sandbagger
I work for a company that makes anti bacterial soap and we were all given 10 litres for our own personal use today. My daughter and I decided that the village care home would benefit from it more than us, so we dropped 5 litres off this evening on our dog walk. Big virtue signalling post I know, sorry about that 😇
38E978A7-D0AF-472A-8921-1E7762F8F0B3.jpeg

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
There's some awful corvid humour out there on social media. Plus many are going to be in financial ruin. I fail to see the funny side of all this.

It’s called black humour and is a coping mechanism under extreme circumstances. You’ll find it very much with medical staff who see death and suffering day in day out. As well as mountaineers and climbers who see their friends and climbing partners die. There will be other groups.

PK99

Legendary Member
It’s called black humour and is a coping mechanism under extreme circumstances. You’ll find it very much with medical staff who see death and suffering day in day out. As well as mountaineers and climbers who see their friends and climbing partners die. There will be other groups.

A very good mate of mine lost his leg in a motorbike accident some time ago - very lucky to survive the crash.
When we met up some months later for a curry, I told him he could only have one pint, I did not want him completely legless.
He loved it.

It is a way of talking about tough stuff without being maudlin.

Top Bottom