Votes: 57 21.2%
  • I've been quaranteened

Votes: 19 7.1%
  • I personally know someone who has been diagnosed

Votes: 71 26.4%
  • Clear as far as I know

Votes: 150 55.8%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
Can you get non-slip tiles for wet rooms? Non-slip enough for someone to safely use sticks or a walking frame on?
Anti-slip yes.
Tiles can be put through a variety of tests to find out how slippy they are and they are then given a rating to indicate their anti-slip properties. DIN and PTV, the higher the rating the less slippy they are. The problem really is that the less slippy a tile the more gritty it tends to be, and so the more difficult to clean it is. I've sold tiles that were akin to a really coarse sandpaper, super anti-slip, impossible to clean.
So people doing disabled access bathrooms will often go with something like Alturo, which is the rubbery sort of stuff that forms a skirting too, reasonable anti-slip and easy to clean too. I don't personally like it, I think it looks horrible, I also believe that just because you're finding life a little difficult for some reason you don't need to be reminded of the fact every time you set foot in your bathroom. It has its place in care homes and hospitals etc.
The fact is that any option carries a risk of slipping, aside really from carpet, but thankfully the days of carpet on bathroom floors has gone, well, almost, so you invariably have to take additional precautions anyway. It's a bit of a balancing act between what you like the look of, what level of roughness you're prepared to put up with and the level of anti-slip you want.

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
Anti-slip yes.
Tiles can be put through a variety of tests to find out how slippy they are and they are then given a rating to indicate their anti-slip properties. DIN and PTV, the higher the rating the less slippy they are. The problem really is that the less slippy a tile the more gritty it tends to be, and so the more difficult to clean it is. I've sold tiles that were akin to a really coarse sandpaper, super anti-slip, impossible to clean.
So people doing disabled access bathrooms will often go with something like Alturo, which is the rubbery sort of stuff that forms a skirting too, reasonable anti-slip and easy to clean too. I don't personally like it, I think it looks horrible, I also believe that just because you're finding life a little difficult for some reason you don't need to be reminded of the fact every time you set foot in your bathroom. It has its place in care homes and hospitals etc.
The fact is that any option carries a risk of slipping, aside really from carpet, but thankfully the days of carpet on bathroom floors has gone, well, almost, so you invariably have to take additional precautions anyway. It's a bit of a balancing act between what you like the look of, what level of roughness you're prepared to put up with and the level of anti-slip you want.
Yeah, we have something that looks like that. Horrible stuff only effectively cleaned by getting on your hands and knees with a scrubbing brush. An hour later it looks dirty again :sad:

I stay in a lot of hotels and see some great wet rooms, but not a lot I'd feel were safe for my wife.

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
Yeah, we have something that looks like that. Horrible stuff only effectively cleaned by getting on your hands and knees with a scrubbing brush. An hour later it looks dirty again :sad:

I stay in a lot of hotels and see some great wet rooms, but not a lot I'd feel were safe for my wife.
Mosaic can be good too because you've got a lot of surface area, the downside is you've also got a lot of grout.

Milzy

Guru
People are putting up material joking about the C-19 but when I had a conspiracy theory I was flamed with the post removed.
It's disgusting and disrespectful to all the families involved. Different rules for different people.

Top Bottom