Votes: 57 21.2%
  • I've been quaranteened

Votes: 19 7.1%
  • I personally know someone who has been diagnosed

Votes: 71 26.4%
  • Clear as far as I know

Votes: 150 55.8%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Slick

Guru
No I meant maybe he decided to test as he had symptoms

Which was why I asked the question as there is no reason to test anymore if you have symptoms let alone 3 times. He answered why he did it, which is fair enough. We still need to protect the vulnerable.

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
Which was why I asked the question as there is no reason to test anymore if you have symptoms let alone 3 times. He answered why he did it, which is fair enough. We still need to protect the vulnerable.

Dunno what the big deal is ? I tested as I had access to tests ? I was feeling rubbish and had already decided I was not going to work. The positive test however means I made the right decision.

Slick

Guru
Dunno what the big deal is ? I tested as I had access to tests ? I was feeling rubbish and had already decided I was not going to work. The positive test however means I made the right decision.

I honestly wasn't making a big deal of anything. I asked, you answered and I answered others who questioned me.

Ajax Bay

Guru
I tested as I had access to tests ? I was feeling rubbish and had already decided I was not going to work.
I too am not making a big deal about it, and you've read my take (above).
Taking an LFT or even 3 LFTs is a personal choice, if one has access to such tests. I suppose I'm asking how you felt the data (either positive or negative) affected your subsequent action, and whether you would expect others to do the same (ie to test), in the face of feeling unwell. Does a positive test help you justify to yourself or to your employer staying away from work? Would your or their attitude change if the result was negative?

Last edited:

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
Well a week and bit on and if I’m honest I feel worse than last week . Been left with a chesty cough. Sinus infection. It’s just f…in brilliant . Hopefully these are temporary, like my taste and it all clears up. However currently I feel quite wiped out and I’d say my symptoms last week were mild !

newts

Veteran
Well a week and bit on and if I’m honest I feel worse than last week . Been left with a chesty cough. Sinus infection. It’s just f…in brilliant . Hopefully these are temporary, like my taste and it all clears up. However currently I feel quite wiped out and I’d say my symptoms last week were mild!
It's a very good idea to keep a close eye on secondary infections, just after covid to make sure they don't escalate.

lazybloke

Considering a new username
My daughter got a day off school on Monday, after being up all night with nausea - a reaction to her 1st booster the day before.
She's only 13 but gets the same entitlement as the over 75s due to her medical history; which means she can have a 2nd booster in September, and who knows, maybe a 3rd booster in December. Lucky pin cushion.

My son has his 2nd primary jab in Feb or March, and just become eligible for his booster - he'll have that once his finishes his GCSE exams (next week).

Alex321

Veteran
Just changed my vote :sad:

Tested positive this morning.

Very mild symptoms so far (triple jabbed), just a light cough, and a bit achy all over. If it weren't for the fact that several of my Morris Dancing colleagues tested positive on Monday (and I was with them Saturday), I might not even have bothered testing.

A few choice words were uttered when I saw that second line coming up.

Slick

Guru
I started feeling a bit under the weather on Sunday so tested but came up negative. Didn't think too much of it as there seems to be a few different bugs doing the rounds. A few more typical symptoms arrived Tuesday, so tested again, but again it was negative. Mrs Slick said she was now feeling the start of a sore throat and wanted a test and immediately tested positive so I retested and also finally tested positive at the 3rd time of asking. Both absolutely fine and looking forward to some box sets. :okay:

Slick

Guru
Obviously we are all different, but the guidance in Scotland remains at keep out the road for 5 days from first symptoms when dealing with fully vaccinated people, although you may need to leave it a bit longer before mixing with vulnerable individuals.

Probably about right in my case, as I felt just a bit under the weather for a couple of days before making a full recovery quite quickly. Haven't tackled a decent run on the bike yet, but don't think it will be an issue as I never felt any breathlessness or a number of other symptoms like loss of taste or smell. Hopefully that just means that the vaccine is working a treat. :okay:

Alex321

Veteran
Still testing very faintly positive today, but I have been out on the bike a couple of times (solo, not stopping other than junctions, so not really breaching isolation).

Here in Wales all legal restrictions have been lifted, but guidance is still to self isolate for 5 days from first symptoms (or positive test if earlier), and then until you have two successive days with clear test, or 10 days max. From the end of the month even that is changing to just "Stay home if you feel unwell".

Two short rides, of about 9.5 miles. Yesterday was hard work even though I was taking it easy, and was very slow (14.3mph). Today, different route but was much more comfortable, able to push on a bit, and finished with an average of 17.6mph. I could have done more but my wife asked me to make it a short one.

So physically, I think I'm pretty well over it, and the worst days were just like a bad cold, presumably thanks to the vaccines. And I fully epect tomorrow and Wednesday to be my two successive days with clear tests. I would expect that if I tested again this evening it would probably be clear, the one at lunchtime was VERY faint.

Top Bottom