Votes: 57 21.2%
  • I've been quaranteened

Votes: 19 7.1%
  • I personally know someone who has been diagnosed

Votes: 71 26.4%
  • Clear as far as I know

Votes: 150 55.8%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Yeah - I'm not really ill as such, just knackered. I've had worse colds but it's dragging on longer than a cold.

Haven't you ever had bad colds that lasted 10 days or so? I have. Anyway... GWS with this!

It is 3.5 weeks since I tested positive for Covid. At the time I wondered where I had caught it because the only person I had seen the week before didn't have it. Apart from her, it would be just walking past a few people in a relatively quiet supermarket (I avoid busy times). It struck me yesterday though that my positive Covid test came 4 days after I had a blood test at my local health centre. I reckon that is the most likely source.

I am back on my bike but don't have much oomph. Some of that is due to lack of fitness, but I feel a few lingering effects from Covid. I still look a bit ill when I look in the mirror. Maybe that is because I haven't been out much in the past month and need to get some fresh air, and sun on my skin.

Julia9054

Guru
Haven't you ever had bad colds that lasted 10 days or so? I have. Anyway... GWS with this!

It is 3.5 weeks since I tested positive for Covid. At the time I wondered where I had caught it because the only person I had seen the week before didn't have it. Apart from her, it would be just walking past a few people in a relatively quiet supermarket (I avoid busy times). It struck me yesterday though that my positive Covid test came 4 days after I had a blood test at my local health centre. I reckon that is the most likely source.

I am back on my bike but don't have much oomph. Some of that is due to lack of fitness, but I feel a few lingering effects from Covid. I still look a bit ill when I look in the mirror. Maybe that is because I haven't been out much in the past month and need to get some fresh air, and sun on my skin.

I rarely get colds where the feeling crap bit lasts more than a couple of days luckily.
The only indoors place I had been in the 5 days before my positive test was a couple of hours in a not very crowded pub.
Unlucky really, given that school kids have been coughing on me for two years and I also didn't catch it from Al when he had it.
Glad to hear you are feeling better and back on your bike.

Ajax Bay

Guru
Or if I have symptoms - especially if I’m due to see elderly parents, vulnerable friends
Not picking on you @vickster but these two quotes caught my eye.
If you have symptoms and test negative do you then, thus reassured, go ahead with that sort of visit? What if it's flu? Pre-March 2020 would your behaviour (go/no go threshold) be any different?
Transmission of asymptomatic flu is much lower than symptomatic disease
Source? Are the transmission vectors very different between COVID-19 and 'flu'?

vickster

Legendary Member
Not picking on you @vickster but these two quotes caught my eye.
If you have symptoms and test negative do you then, thus reassured, go ahead with that sort of visit? What if it's flu? Pre-March 2020 would your behaviour (go/no go threshold) be any different?

Source? Are the transmission vectors very different between COVID-19 and 'flu'?

If I had cold symptoms bad enough to test, no I would not see elderly parents.
… There was an ncbi paper that Google threw up that indicated that asymptomatic flu is less infectious than symptomatic. Was not a comparison to Covid.
But Covid is transmissible when asymptomatic

Last edited:
But Covid is transmissible when asymptomatic

It's the known and recognised transmissibility of C-19 when a- or pre-symptomatic which causes me to continue to be wary in many of my behaviours.
I'm pretty healthy for my age - current (healing) shingles not withstanding! - and I want to stay that way, TYVM. But at almost 75, living the rest of my life with long covid is not something I intend to do if I can take reasonable steps to avoid it - which I have done and continue to do, and I prefer not to be responsible for 'supplying' it unknowingly to anyone else either.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
I'm back at Lanzarote airport a week after the Spanish reduced their COVID restrictions and there is a stark change in behaviour.

Shops/restaurants I was in last Thursday/Friday, along with the airport, have gone from strict face-covering wearers but "no obrigado" to almost none. That type of shift, particularly from the hygiene-enthusiastic Spanish, has surprised me. But maybe not; it could be that as a tourist island they're reflecting British travellers. The Germans tend to be few wearing face-coverings here, wearing white dust-mask type ones.

I still am, mainly because son no. 2 has international races coming up and he needs me to take him.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Like around 5-10% of people I see (wild guess) in London I still wear a mask in crowded indoor circumstances (trains, tubes, art galleries ...). Not because I'm necessarily convinced of their efficacy but because I'm not convinced otherwise*

Anyway ... you would have thought that the withdrawal of the regs would have seen the instant death of the "chin mask". Not a bit of it. I often see people with their chins securely masked, protecting them against the dreaded Chin Variant.

* Helmet debate anyone? :laugh:

Ajax Bay

Guru
Take care @DCLane Daughter caught it there after her race in mid March. Thankfully recovered and dancing the big dance in Utah in 11 days, at the front end.

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
Only a matter of time , no idea where I’ve picked it up from but it’s landed.

Picked up from Shops I’m guessing .

Attachments

• 48F04AA7-B3B5-4051-97F0-070F9A430F4B.jpeg
    48F04AA7-B3B5-4051-97F0-070F9A430F4B.jpeg
    55.6 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
been waiting 3 weeks now to see my dentist for toothache, not had a check up since 2019 .Phoned 111 and all they gave me was numbers of local dentists .
someone i work with actually got taken off his dentists list and had to wait more than a month for an extraction

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
Yep I’ve not been to my dentist since before pandemic. Got a feeling I might have been removed . Wife’s dentist contacted her mine not a word ! Both NHS

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Yep I’ve not been to my dentist since before pandemic. Got a feeling I might have been removed . Wife’s dentist contacted her mine not a word ! Both NHS

spent most of the morning trying to get through, finally got into the queue for about half and hour to be told no one to speak too

Top Bottom