Votes: 57 21.2%
  • I've been quaranteened

Votes: 19 7.1%
  • I personally know someone who has been diagnosed

Votes: 71 26.4%
  • Clear as far as I know

Votes: 150 55.8%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Do you have an urgent dental care centre / dental A&E anywhere locally? Apparently you can access these by calling 111 to be triaged

You can search for NHS services in Derbyshire here
https://www.derbyandderbyshireccg.nhs.uk/your-health-services/find-your-nearest-nhs-service/

thats what i did , they just gave me a list to phone , managed to get in next week with mine on a call back just need to get the time off work !

I had stopped testing regularly, but a change in circumstances means if I want to visit certain relatives now I'll be testing again as a courtesy to them and for my own piece of mind (I'd never forgive myself if I unknowingly passed on Corona).

Work we had some news at last about hybrid/working practices and they have sensibly allowed local decisions makers (my own boss and their immediate management) the final say. We're really not a one size fit all organisation and whilst I don't mind arranging now a regular day(s) in I'm please I think I can continue mostly WFH*, I know not all employers have been that understanding.

*Decision has not been made yet what I am doing, I hope I'm not jinxing it by making assumptions!

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
I was going to ask why 3 tests, but then I wondered, why test at all. Unless of course you are around the vulnerable.

I’ve felt rubbish and knew something was up. So wanted to make sure it maybe wasn’t Covid ?! If not going into work would have been an easier decision. However I’ve also been in contact with my 84yr old mother and 73yr old MIL .

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
We've got to be in the office at least 3 days a week now. No masks or testing required. My Gran is in a home and I think they've stopped the requirement for testing before visiting now (or at least they did for the Jubilee party they had at the weekend). Luckily I have some kits left over, because we're meeting someone vulnerable next week for dinner, and we've been asked to test as a safety/courtesy before we arrive.
Since the new year, 4 or 5 people in my extended family have had C19, luckily the worst was not hospitalised but felt really bad for a week. others have just had mild cold symptoms.

Most surprising was my Uncle who had a heart bipass a few years ago and nearly died...and is now suffering with Arthritis which has also spread to his organs...he had C19 (was only jabbed once due to medication) and did not have to be hospitalized. Lucky really

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
SWMBO went to Northern Ireland over the weekend, partly to visit her mother-in-law in a care home. However, some of the residents and staff have Covid in the care home so the visit couldn't happen. :sad:

Ajax Bay

Guru
I’ve felt rubbish and knew something was up. So wanted to make sure it maybe wasn’t Covid ?! If not going into work would have been an easier decision. However I’ve also been in contact with my 84yr old mother and 73yr old MIL .
It's tricky, isn't it. I have a nonogenarian mother to visit/stay overnight with regularly and a 'senior' lady who is secretive about her age whom I occasionally visit (children are far away) - I discovered at the weekend she is over 100!
But I'm not going to test to see if I have some infectious disease or another. If I'm unwell I won't visit (and they'll understand): I've adopted this approach since well before 2020. Work is more difficult. MTFU has been generally been my mantra unless too rotten, but I, and I suggest very many, will moderate and reduce the threshold of 'too sick to go into the office', especially if the mechanisms are in place to wfh without much reduction of efficiency. I think this point is worth employers and managers considering carefully: take a 'whole work population' approach. They (I) need to discourage MTFUers from bringing any lurgy in and spreading it.
I have a small stock of LFTs but struggling to envisage when I'd use one.

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
It's tricky, isn't it. I have a nonogenarian mother to visit/stay overnight with regularly and a 'senior' lady who is secretive about her age whom I occasionally visit (children are far away) - I discovered at the weekend she is over 100!
But I'm not going to test to see if I have some infectious disease or another. If I'm unwell I won't visit (and they'll understand): I've adopted this approach since well before 2020. Work is more difficult. MTFU has been generally been my mantra unless too rotten, but I, and I suggest very many, will moderate and reduce the threshold of 'too sick to go into the office', especially if the mechanisms are in place to wfh without much reduction of efficiency. I think this point is worth employers and managers considering carefully: take a 'whole work population' approach. They (I) need to discourage MTFUers from bringing any lurgy in and spreading it.
I have a small stock of LFTs but struggling to envisage when I'd use one.

If I’d had decent sleep last two nights I’d have been in at work ! But I felt totally dead on my feet this morning. However perking up a bit now .

vickster

Legendary Member
Maybe different North or South of the border, but its my understanding that if you have symptoms or don't feel well, you stay in the house without the need for testing. If you feel OK, you carry on as normal.

No I meant maybe he decided to test as he had symptoms

Top Bottom