Votes: 57 21.2%
  • I've been quaranteened

Votes: 19 7.1%
  • I personally know someone who has been diagnosed

Votes: 71 26.4%
  • Clear as far as I know

Votes: 150 55.8%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
Where in the world is there a law that says that ?

On the government legislation website

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Apart from the vulnerable; is covid really a big deal for anyone that is up to date with their jabs?

It's very much way in the background of our life tbh.

tom73

Guru
Apart from the vulnerable; is covid really a big deal for anyone that is up to date with their jabs?

It's very much way in the background of our life tbh.

In short yes it can be the likelihood of death is much lower but you can still get pretty sick from its effects. Which may or may not require medical intervention. With or without a vaccination long covid can not be ruled out the effects of which are still not fully understood.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
In short yes it can be the likelihood of death is much lower but you can still get pretty sick from its effects. Which may or may not require medical intervention. With or without a vaccination long covid can not be ruled out the effects of which are still not fully understood.

I hear ya. 👍

But... I am of an age (66) where every year I stand a risk of catching and dying of flu or being diagnosed with some later-life end-game disease and tbh if I didn't shunt that into the background my life would be bereft of a certain amount of happiness.

I am fully up to date with covid and flu vaccinations, I stay as fit as I can and eat as well as I can - and that's all I'm going to do.

NB: in 2016 I was misdiagnosed with Motor Neurone Disease which lead to deep depression - once I got clear of that difficult time I vowed to just crack on and not fret about what may or may not befall me on the health front.

The above probably explains my stance on the Covid front.

And, as my GP said 6 years ago; "live long enough and you are almost certain to be clobbered by something horrible".

So... why worry?

tom73

Guru
I hear ya. 👍

But... I am of an age (66) where every year I stand a risk of catching and dying of flu or being diagnosed with some later-life end-game disease and tbh if I didn't shunt that into the background my life would be bereft of a certain amount of happiness.

I am fully up to date with covid and flu vaccinations, I stay as fit as I can and eat as well as I can - and that's all I'm going to do.

NB: in 2016 I was misdiagnosed with Motor Neurone Disease which lead to deep depression - once I got clear of that difficult time I vowed to just crack on and not fret about what may or may not befall me on the health front.

The above probably explains my stance on the Covid front.

And, as my GP said 6 years ago; "live long enough and you are almost certain to be clobbered by something horrible".

So... why worry?

You just asked a straight question so i gave a straight answer :okay:
Given your history no-one can blame you for weighting up the risks and doing what you feel is right for you.

Alex321

Veteran
My point is that the provisions are still listed on the government legislation website. Make of that what you will.

Only if you look at the Act with the left hand button set to "Original(as enacted)".

If you click the "Latest Available", those provisions have been removed.

As enacted
https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1984/22/part/II/crossheading/public-conveyances/enacted

Latest Available
https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1984/22/part/II/crossheading/public-conveyances

Top Bottom