Votes: 57 21.2%
  • I've been quaranteened

Votes: 19 7.1%
  • I personally know someone who has been diagnosed

Votes: 71 26.4%
  • Clear as far as I know

Votes: 150 55.8%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Has anyone experienced muscle discomfort during and after a covid bout?

I developed a feeling in my thigh muscles that I had overdone physical exercise which has faded a bit over the last couple of weeks. This started the day before I tested positive. Having been digging potatoes I initially blamed that but I dig potatoes often with no after effects.
I had a similar feeling once in the past which was diagnosed as polymyalgia rheumatica and took a long time to clear up.

Perhaps this should be in the health and fitness section?

Definitely. Achey legs have been a big thing with me this last week.

JtB

Prepare a way for the Lord
I had my flu vaccine on Wednesday and by Friday morning I was feeling quite under the weather. Since I had my Covid booster booked for the Friday afternoon I decided to carry out a LF test which proved Negative. I then went ahead with my Covid booster on Friday afternoon but my symptoms have since deteriorated from “quite under the weather” to “really grotty”. Anyway I did another LF test this morning which proved Positive. What I’m not sure about now is whether receiving the booster while already infected with Covid reduces the final protection provided by the booster.

tom73

Guru
I had my flu vaccine on Wednesday and by Friday morning I was feeling quite under the weather. Since I had my Covid booster booked for the Friday afternoon I decided to carry out a LF test which proved Negative. I then went ahead with my Covid booster on Friday afternoon but my symptoms have since deteriorated from “quite under the weather” to “really grotty”. Anyway I did another LF test this morning which proved Positive. What I’m not sure about now is whether receiving the booster while already infected with Covid reduces the final protection provided by the booster.

No still end up with same level of protection. What level however is dependant on immune response which is different from person to person.

Reactions: JtB

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Got another victim in the household ! Wife had it a couple of weeks ago, none of us got it. Son went clubbing at weekend (first time in a long time) and seems to have picked it up - was off work today with a high temperature and cough, and has tested positive this evening.

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
My manager has caught it for the second time. First time was a couple of days before Christmas 2020. Late 50s and fully vaccinated, he felt unwell last week and tested +ve. He will be working from home until clear and isolating from his wife who is vulnerable.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Daughter now positive and I'm feeling ropey but negative. Probably caught it from my son as he's not been isolating from us. Will test again tomorrow as due in work Tues to Thurs.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
Finally caught it, first time to my knowledge. Unlikely to avoid it forever unless a hermit. Wife had symptoms first and a few days later I had some symptoms.

Timeline for me
Sore throat then blocked nose on Wed
Slight chill / temp as I went to bed Wed night
Didn’t sleep well Wed night
Nose running like crazy through Thu
Had a doze on Thu afternoon
Slight chill / temp gone by Thu evening
Now nose a mix of running and blocked and sore throat but both easing.

No loss of sense of taste or smell and no overwhelming fatigue. Thu afternoon nap was as much lack of good sleep overnight.

Boosted 20 days ago. It’s very much followed cold like symptoms but tested anyway to see.

793E11D8-A511-4B9B-8978-F1D645B72E21.jpeg

Last edited:

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
My wife has a terrible cold at the moment. All classic cold symptoms rather than anything else, but we may use one of our dwindling supply of LFTs...
Edit. Last LFT used. Negative.

Last edited:

Ajax Bay

Guru
Incidence falling (ONS data) all across the UK, despite the Ming + 1 ping.
1668192981606.png

Hospital admission rate more than halved (from peak in early October).
Of those testing +ve, about 48% are in hospital 'with' rather than because of COVID-19.
(As the prevalence falls in the general population less, proportionately, will come in 'with' it.)
Flu seems slightly up but this varies across the metric used (see report):
https://www.gov.uk/government/stati...d-19-surveillance-reports-2022-to-2023-season

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
A colleague (Nhs hospital, facilities department), had to go home today: her and another collegue, they work very close, took a test just because there are a few cases of Coronavirus in the next ward.
To her astonishment, she tested positive, while the other colleague was negative.
No symptoms, just like it was for me when I tested positive.
Must be the 4 jabs ^_^

DaveReading

Don't suffer fools gladly (must try harder!)
Incidence falling (ONS data) all across the UK, despite the Ming + 1 ping.
View attachment 667631
Hospital admission rate more than halved (from peak in early October).
Of those testing +ve, about 48% are in hospital 'with' rather than because of COVID-19.
(As the prevalence falls in the general population less, proportionately, will come in 'with' it.)
Flu seems slightly up but this varies across the metric used (see report):
https://www.gov.uk/government/stati...d-19-surveillance-reports-2022-to-2023-season
Anecdotal evidence always trumps statistics. :smile:

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Another member of my team had to go home today after testing positive, I had to do a double shift ... meh!
One of our hospital wards has about 8 patients testing positive.
Nobody is severely ill with the virus, just symptoms similar to a cold.
None of the patients testing positive have been admitted because (or with) the virus, and, strangely, all staff members from my team testing positive had not been in contact with those patients.
The staff member that regularly goes in that ward is negative - hopefully stays like that or I'll need to do treble shifts :laugh:

Top Bottom